Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Gone fishing

Article about: Thanks Mark, the cameras been playing up a bit lately but I'll get photos somehow! I'm sure I'll get you over here for a fishing trip sometime mate!

Here's a couple of salmon that I caught at Morrisons fish counter on Friday, then filletted, cured and cold smoked over whisky oak barrel chips this weekend, I left half plain and added cracked black pepper to the other fish, then vacuum sealed 'em with my new toy, a cryovac machine. Next on the agenda, 10Kgs of Scottish mature cheddar thats gonna get the same treatment but with apple wood chips. Lush.

SAM_1085.jpg
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Here's a couple of salmon that I caught at Morrisons fish counter on Friday, then filletted, cured and cold smoked over whisky oak barrel chips this weekend, I left half plain and added cracked black pepper to the other fish, then vacuum sealed 'em with my new toy, a cryovac machine. Next on the agenda, 10Kgs of Scottish mature cheddar thats gonna get the same treatment but with apple wood chips. Lush.

SAM_1085.jpg
    Smoked cheddar! now you're talking Ned! Send me some!.......

No problem Gooney. But it takes around 8 weeks minimum in the fridge to absorb the smoke, otherwise it tastes like an ashtray! Patience is the key, but the results are good. Having said that, some of the last lot I had was sent to a member here only a couple of weeks back, and I haven't heard from him since, so I think it may have killed him!

I'll send you some of my home dry cured Hickory smoked bacon as well if you like, that's on the 'still to do' list along with the cheese, but here's a pic of the last lot I did.

SAM_0761.jpg

I'll let you know when i've got some of them both ready to ship.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    No problem Gooney. But it takes around 8 weeks minimum in the fridge to absorb the smoke, otherwise it tastes like an ashtray! Patience is the key, but the results are good. Having said that, some of the last lot I had was sent to a member here only a couple of weeks back, and I haven't heard from him since, so I think it may have killed him!

I'll send you some of my home dry cured Hickory smoked bacon as well if you like, that's on the 'still to do' list along with the cheese, but here's a pic of the last lot I did.

SAM_0761.jpg

I'll let you know when i've got some of them both ready to ship.

Regards, Ned.
    Top man! that bacon looks great!....

?

Put me down for a few rashers too Ned, that got the old juices flowing...

Hi Dave.
    Are the snapper you catch get big over their?
    I to love my fishing I only got back last week from the top of the north island here in NZ.
    We got sum big 1s.
    Rgds Peter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6