Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Got to love this!

Article about: Bureaucrats be damned! WWII Vets Knock Over Shutdown Barrier to Visit Memorial | Washington Free Beacon

?

Good for them. Any chance of recruiting the bears in Yellowstone to open the gates there or my road trip next week is going to be a waste of time and I'll be going home early.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Good for the vets . I'm so sick of the politicians playing games . They are so busy having a pissing contest they forget about the people they represent.
    They have forgotten they are supposed to serve you/us. They think it's the other way around now.

Good to hear the vets are still kicking b...

Cheers

Quote by FJR6 View Post
    It's about time. Obama might be sending the US down the river but those who fought to keep freedom and democracy alive and paid the ultimate price shouldn't be affected by the stupidity of those currently in charge!
    Though politics are not supposed to be mentioned on this forum but as you raised the issue, as far as I understand it, the shutdown is because the Republicans are trying to stop the health care reforms which would probably benefit many Vets, so I fail to understand your comment.

Good for the Vets for doing this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry B,

Firstly apologies for mentioning polotics, I always stear away from the war time stuff but I think healthy modern debate is a good thing when done properly, but I wans't aare of the forum rules and dont want to annoy people.

However and I will only make this point once so as not to 'fuel' the political debate.

My wife is a US Army vet, 3 front line combat tours under her belt, with give or take 48 months spent deployed. The Obamacare in which some media sources have said the Republicans are holding Obama to ransom over will cripple the average US citizen, which my family stateside are (members of which are both Democrat and Republican and neither want it due to the cost of it!)

Veterans have the Veterans Affairs system, which like our NHS is flawed but mostly, on a good day with a strong breeze behind it, effective.

As I said I won't mention it again as it is so contensious and I will see a direct impact of his new system on my family which angers me beyond belief but thats for another debate another day!

Thanks

Jon

Quote by FJR6 View Post
    Jerry B,

Firstly apologies for mentioning polotics, I always stear away from the war time stuff but I think healthy modern debate is a good thing when done properly, but I wans't aare of the forum rules and dont want to annoy people.

Thanks

Jon
    Hard to reply John without getting into more politics but good to hear your viewpoint and that of your family.

My wife is also from the states, so I have her take on it all, which differs somewhat from yours. Best leave it there I think.

Respect to your wife for her service.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry,

Thank you for your understanding. Nice to see someone else that's got an American wife on here!

As you say best left off here and I'm happy to do so. Nothing like polotics to cloud the judgement of normally sane indivuals!

All the best

Jon

?

A enlightening article on a topic close to our hearts and minds.
    Wonderful to see a bit of civil disobedience now and then, especially when conducted
    by those who fought for our freedom and way of life.
    Thanks for sharing John.

Brad.

Wow thanks for posting this. Good to see the vets don't care about the shutdown.

We were sent down the river about 12 years ago.....I wonder if this was planned for today to make a more impactful statement, either way I totally agree with the vets doing this, who is going to tell them they cant walk along there own memorial, nice to see they are still kicking ass after 75 years!!!!!!!!!

Well done, no one has the right to stop these old fellas, they've earnt the right to visit these memorials whenever and wherever they want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast