Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

graphic vid

Article about: Hello boys,i had to share it with you,as it is a French report,you surely couldn't find it easily. Show "as-seen" during the 20.00 news on French tv,yesterday.. I will never forget

Default graphic vid

Hello boys,i had to share it with you,as it is a French report,you surely couldn't find it easily.
    Show "as-seen" during the 20.00 news on French tv,yesterday..
    I will never forget the face of this man...
    I'm no watcher,i just wanted to share my disguss for this cruel war.
    Sorry ,it's in French..But it is universaly shocking,never the less...

Hier soir, au 20h: un soldat américain marche sur une mine antipersonnel - Actualité France sur Free.fr

?

Default Re: graphic vid

All wars are cruel.
    The smell of war is disgusting.
    The sound of war is terrifying.
    It will affect you all of your life.
    That is the lot of a warrior.
    All American military personell are volunteers and know full well that when they step up and swear to serve as an armed warrior what can happen. That is why our society does everything it can to support our returning warriors that have been wounded in body or mind, even when that can be hard on an individual basis.
    I seriously doubt that mankind will ever achieve total peace.
    There will always be radical groups and individuals that will be happy to butcher innocent people at train stations, places of business, in airplanes, all kinds of public places for their political and religious beliefs. That is why countries have police and keep standing armies.
    It is sad that the paratrooper was wounded. His friends and family will carry a heavy burden from now on.
    It was sad that paratroopers were wounded and died at the Normandy invasion in 1944 it changed the lives of their friends and families forever.
    But warriors know their lot.
    In turn many things happen because of war.
    Individuals wind up collecting the refuse of war like we do. Lives change, Old warriors die off new ones come along and the world goes on.
    A very sobering news film especially for those that have never had to face their own emotions whether it is heroism or cowardice. Both emotions are mixed together in all of us.
    Just the ramblings of an old man.
    SteveR

A very moving reply Steve,i would dream to have the English skill to write such sentences..Thanks

Well said Steve.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Well said Steve.
    Indeed
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377