Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Great day!!!!

Article about: Went and visited with a friend today before he transfers out to another Base. The fellowship was great and I came home with a few goodies, this isn’t everything. Marty

Default Great day!!!!

Went and visited with a friend today before he transfers out to another Base. The fellowship was great and I came home with a few goodies, this isn’t everything.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

WOW it looks like you came home with a whole field chapel, With his office to boot.
    Great items Marty!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Love that field telephone

I made the mistake of trying to crank the handle and holding it down with my hand over the battery terminals and ..WOW..electric shuddered straight up my arm.

since then ..I asked others to crank the handle

I then purchased another of the same type and connected it with 18 gauge wire and I made the bells rings and also the little light for silent contact flickered.

Nice pair of bookends
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys for the compliments. I want be able able to keep everything due to the size of things, The helmets will be for sale. In the boxes are a few Korean War winter coats from a Major General, my son liked one of the coats and wants to wear it to school LOL.

Marty

?

What type /year are those helmets , Fix bail , swivel.???? Front seam ,rear seam???

Any B-10 jackets in that bunch???

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Wow!!!! this is fantastic.

Love the coats myself. Could easily see myself wearing one while shoveling the snow! LoL

Love the field desk set (?) too! That would be perfect for a war room display.

Want to see more...more...more!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Was a good day and I picked up a few things I am missing and yes the desk will look good in a display. I will be getting a ww2 Chaplains helmet from my friend in January, can’t have to many helmets LOL

Marty

Great haul, the desk would be hard to find item this side of the big pond.

Congratulations!
    It is a varied but impressive set.
    I have always thought that military chaplains, regardless of their nationality, are truly brave men. imagine that in full line of fire they expose their life to save the soul of a comrade of arms that is dying, can not but deserve all my admiration.

Thanks guys for the looking. It was a great day not just for the items but to see a Chaplain buddy who has served this great country since 1987 and still enjoys serving the young men and women in uniform.
    I’m getting off from a 33hr work shift and will try to get pictures of the other items. There’s not much, a few tent halves a drogue parachute and a few other odd and ends.

Marty