MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917

Article about: image.jpg Anyone else enjoy The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917? "...The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917 tells the imagined story of the catastrophic events and unimaginable horrors of 1913

?

Jeff Wayne did the LP story that was set to Music, not a musical in the true sense of the word, but I quit liked it. The part of the Thunderchild was great!!
    The early LPs can with a large book of pictures that could be framed,

Dean O

Personally, I think the idea is absolutely ludicrous and, I would suggest, an insult to the brave men and women who fought in that conflict.

Quote by CampX View Post
    Jeff Wayne did the LP story that was set to Music, not a musical in the true sense of the word, but I quit liked it. The part of the Thunderchild was great!!
    The early LPs can with a large book of pictures that could be framed.
    Indeed. I still have the double LP album, although of course I have long since bought it on CD as well.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Serious as black smoke and heat rays. Not a musical in the true sense, though. It started life as a concept album, but there have been later stage productions. (The Richard Burton narration mentioned earlier in this thread was a reference to the musical version, too.)

For more info, see: Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wayne also did an musical adaptation of Spartacus, by the way.
    As Marlon Brando said in Apocalypse Now ..... "The Horror...the Horror...."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well remember the original book came out about 20 years before WW1, nothing like the later movies, it's a good short read.

Dean O

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Indeed. I still have the double LP album, although of course I have long since bought it on CD as well.
    Same, a late 70's classic for sure. Some great music on this one, Forever Autumn and Thunderchild would be my two fav's.
    Back in 1938 in the US Orson Wells did a live broadcast of WOTW that some took as a factual event and many packed up their gear and ran for the hills. I am sure I read somewhere that a father killed his family thinking the Martians were coming over this broadcast.
    WOTW certainly has a interesting history.

All the best
    Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3