MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A great way to celebrate the anniversary of D-Day!

Article about: Hi guys, sorry it took so long to respond to each of you individually! by Poromies You have perhaps the greatest job ever, to be able to combine your job and your interests must make working

Default A great way to celebrate the anniversary of D-Day!

Hello, all!

Another history teacher and I figured that a hands-on World War II lesson, serving as the conclusion to our unit on WWII, would be a great way to celebrate the anniversary of D-DAY. We spoke to more than 100kids over the course of 3 periods and the assistant principal even decided to stop in. Word spread pretty quickly around the school, and I also thought it was pretty cool that a lot of students asked to come in during their own free time/ between periods to check out the items I brought in.

It was a thrill to see the kids so excited about this. It also was gratifying to see so many of them be able to apply what they learned in class to the items I brought in to share with them.

Picture uploader isn't working for me....

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

Default Re: A great way to celebrate the anniversary of D-Day!

Wow, are you their teacher?

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Wow, are you their teacher?
    Some of them, yes sir! We combined our two classes today.

I work part time as a history teacher, and part time for my parents at the recycling facility. I also spend my time after school coaching!

You have perhaps the greatest job ever, to be able to combine your job and your interests must make working so much enjoyable! And it must be great to teach history to those who are genuinely interested. If my plans to make a career at the Finnish Defence Forces fail, history teacher is my number two dream job!

I noticed the student with the recently found civil defense helmet, twas a great find.

Besides Doug's Wall O Helmets, the Garbage Finds thread is my favorite on the forum. Keep up the good work

Regards,

Corey

?

Joe, well done mate.

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thank you so very much for the kind words, gentlemen!

I enjoyed myself thoroughly and each 45min period felt like it was over in an instant!

?

Nice example of how history can be enjoyed by the younger generation, who generally are sadly far too interested in rubbish like face___k and the like nowadays. Well done!

?

Very nice.
    Teaching the kids WWII history is great.

Thanks, gentlemen! All of the kids were very careful with the pieces I shared with them. There lots of valid questions/ comments and just in general the students were very engaged!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast