Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Grenade help

Article about: Hi does anybody know what type of Grenade I have and how old it is, also how much do you think it is worth? Many thanks

Default Grenade help

Hi does anybody know what type of Grenade I have and how old it is, also how much do you think it is worth? Many thanksimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

WWI British Mills Bomb No.5...
    Glenn

It's a WW1 1916 Mills No 5 grenade which somebody has painted a garish blue! No idea of value but the blue paint is going to reduce it.

You beat me to it Glenn, damn my fat fingers on this iphone

MAP
    ?

Was it originally designed as a training piece? Or was it cut open by a collector?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Was it originally designed as a training piece? Or was it cut open by a collector?
    IMO training piece

How do you know it was a training piece?

It wasn't originally blue when we first got it, but over the years it has been painted

MAP
    ?

The fact that it is a cut away. Probably used to train military personel on how it works for educational purposes.

You may be able to remove the blue paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

it is so well-cut and also all mechanisms are visible too, thats why i think it is training piece.
    more specifically like MAP said educational purposes.