Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Rommel!
    My thought's as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Rommel!
    Bingo

Your turn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmmm I'll have to find one for you guys. I need to get the little monster ready for bed just now anyway. I will contemplate while I change a smelly nappy

OK chaps, what is this?

schulterfl.jpg

its a luftfaust / Fliegerfaust! ground to air rocket launcher, never made it into full production!

Correcto! Firing 20mm rocket propelled shells.

Your'e up sunset

What is this structures theorized purpose, and where is it located?

202c35a74a6f8c56b2f6e70bed9878df95d1b971.jpg

?

"The Bell" (German: Die Glocke)

The Nazi Bell was located inside Wenceslas mine near Ludwikowice Poland.

Put most simply the Nazi Bell was in fact a heavy particle accelerator used as an artificial neutron source to breed Protactinium 233 from Thorium 232. Protactinium would naturally degrade after 27 days into pure bomb grade Uranium 233. Heisenberg advocated this method at the Harneck Haus conference in July 1942 and worked closely with Swiss engineer Dr Walter Dallenbach at a secret facilty known as "Forschungsstelle D" to develop the Nazi bell.

It harnessed the fluorescent quality of Mercury to cause collisions between electrons and photons, which in result released thermal neutrons. The device was surrounded by a concave beryllium mirror to reflect neutrons back into a mass of Thorium oxide placed at the core. The machine generated this X-ray plasma in orbit around an axle which spun two carefully phased contrarotating drums.

How the Story Emerges
    In August 1997 a Polish Intelligence officer with access to Polish Government documents made writer Igor Witkowski aware of the Nazi Bell. Original documents came from war crime interrogation of former SS Lt General Jakob Sporrenberg after the war.

According to Witkowski whilst working as a military journalist, an undisclosed member of Polish military intelligence showed him some interesting documents. Witkowski received discreet access over a period of a month during which he transcribed files by hand. These documents have not been independently verified, however there are several less well detailed corroborations of the Bell project from entirely different sources. Leader for the Bell project was Prof Walther Gerlach, who was also the leader of Germany's Uranium project from January 1944. It's logical to assume therefore that the Bell was part of Nazi Germany's Atomic weapons project.

Witkowski read from Sporrenberg's account of a centrifuge device shaped like a Bell with a hemispherical domed top. The outer Bell was made of three inch thick ceramic material, much like a high voltage porcelain insulator. Said to be 9 feet in diameter and 12-14 feet high. It consumed prodigious amounts of electrical power and glowed violet-blue when operated for short periods.

Popular representation of the Bell
    Inside the Bell was located two contra rotating drums. [1] Mercury (alternate accounts say amalgams of mercury) were spun inside these drums. Jelly like compounds of Beryllium with Thorium were located in flasks within the central axis. Beryllium compounds used were called “Xerum 525.” During WW2 Nazi scientists discovered paraffin was useful as a moderator in reactor experiments. Paraffin would fit the description of a jelly like substance, thus by implication Xerum 525 most likely contained Beryllium and Thorium suspended in Paraffin.

The Nazi Bell was located inside Wenceslas mine. This mine was abandoned before the war. Above ground there was a power station with two steam cooling towers. The bases of these have become known by various names like the "Henge" after Stonehenge, or the Fly Trap. Bizarre claims are made by some that these are related to Nazi UFOs.

Near the mine entrance Nobel Dynamit AG operated a bullet manufacturing plant. Wenceslas mine was also known by it's codename Komplex Milkow. A short distance away was Ludwikowice. The area in wartime had been part of Germany's Silesia region, but after the war most Germans were forced into East Germany and their homes were turned over to Polish refugees. In German the village was called Ludwidsdorf.

Correct!

Quote by relicz View Post
    "The Bell" (German: Die Glocke)

The Nazi Bell was located inside Wenceslas mine near Ludwikowice Poland.

Put most simply the Nazi Bell was in fact a heavy particle accelerator used as an artificial neutron source to breed Protactinium 233 from Thorium 232. Protactinium would naturally degrade after 27 days into pure bomb grade Uranium 233. Heisenberg advocated this method at the Harneck Haus conference in July 1942 and worked closely with Swiss engineer Dr Walter Dallenbach at a secret facilty known as "Forschungsstelle D" to develop the Nazi bell.

It harnessed the fluorescent quality of Mercury to cause collisions between electrons and photons, which in result released thermal neutrons. The device was surrounded by a concave beryllium mirror to reflect neutrons back into a mass of Thorium oxide placed at the core. The machine generated this X-ray plasma in orbit around an axle which spun two carefully phased contrarotating drums.

How the Story Emerges
    In August 1997 a Polish Intelligence officer with access to Polish Government documents made writer Igor Witkowski aware of the Nazi Bell. Original documents came from war crime interrogation of former SS Lt General Jakob Sporrenberg after the war.

According to Witkowski whilst working as a military journalist, an undisclosed member of Polish military intelligence showed him some interesting documents. Witkowski received discreet access over a period of a month during which he transcribed files by hand. These documents have not been independently verified, however there are several less well detailed corroborations of the Bell project from entirely different sources. Leader for the Bell project was Prof Walther Gerlach, who was also the leader of Germany's Uranium project from January 1944. It's logical to assume therefore that the Bell was part of Nazi Germany's Atomic weapons project.

Witkowski read from Sporrenberg's account of a centrifuge device shaped like a Bell with a hemispherical domed top. The outer Bell was made of three inch thick ceramic material, much like a high voltage porcelain insulator. Said to be 9 feet in diameter and 12-14 feet high. It consumed prodigious amounts of electrical power and glowed violet-blue when operated for short periods.

Popular representation of the Bell
    Inside the Bell was located two contra rotating drums. [1] Mercury (alternate accounts say amalgams of mercury) were spun inside these drums. Jelly like compounds of Beryllium with Thorium were located in flasks within the central axis. Beryllium compounds used were called “Xerum 525.” During WW2 Nazi scientists discovered paraffin was useful as a moderator in reactor experiments. Paraffin would fit the description of a jelly like substance, thus by implication Xerum 525 most likely contained Beryllium and Thorium suspended in Paraffin.

The Nazi Bell was located inside Wenceslas mine. This mine was abandoned before the war. Above ground there was a power station with two steam cooling towers. The bases of these have become known by various names like the "Henge" after Stonehenge, or the Fly Trap. Bizarre claims are made by some that these are related to Nazi UFOs.

Near the mine entrance Nobel Dynamit AG operated a bullet manufacturing plant. Wenceslas mine was also known by it's codename Komplex Milkow. A short distance away was Ludwikowice. The area in wartime had been part of Germany's Silesia region, but after the war most Germans were forced into East Germany and their homes were turned over to Polish refugees. In German the village was called Ludwidsdorf.
    How fiendishly simple.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast