Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 104 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1440

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Port Said 1956 perchance???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm gonna guess England after end of Suez Crisis of 1956.

Hi

Sorry Ned but Rigormortis was right.

Yes Rigormortis you are right(I knew there were too many clues in thre picture!)

Thanks

Cameron

Woo-hoo, got one right. That was a tough one though. Here's one. Sorry for the cruddy crop job. Don't think this has been posted yet but sorry if it has. What is this?
    wtfisit.jpg

seeing as how there are no guesses and its been 2 days just so I dont have to keep monitoring for guesses here's the answer. This is the VS5 Hybrid Submarine Boat or the Versuchs Schnellboot. Obviously a prototype as none were ever manufactured for service. Interesting nonetheless I think.

Throw us another one
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Rigormortis View Post
    seeing as how there are no guesses and its been 2 days just so I dont have to keep monitoring for guesses here's the answer. This is the VS5 Hybrid Submarine Boat or the Versuchs Schnellboot. Obviously a prototype as none were ever manufactured for service. Interesting nonetheless I think.
    It looks like it developed into the modern day leisure cruiser

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I know, that last thing looks more leisure then lethal. Here's another assuming of course it hasnt been put up yet. Who can guess what this is? whatisit2.jpg

It's the Mercedes-Benz T80 Land Speed Record attempt prototype car. Designed by Ferdinand Porsche, it had a DB 603 engine derived from the DB 601 aero engine that powered the Bf 109, but with twice the power! The project was shelved as the build up to war progressed, and the attempt was never made.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Excellent big ned. Correct of course. Good Job.