Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 113 of 144 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1440

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Is this the team that kidnapped a German General in Greece or crete, from which a film was made "Ill met by moonlight", starring Dirk Bogarde

Quote by davejb View Post
    Is this the team that kidnapped a German General in Greece or crete, from which a film was made "Ill met by moonlight", starring Dirk Bogarde
    Yes, it is the team that kidnapped General Heinrich Kreipe and they are George Tyrakis, William Stanley Moss, Leigh Fermor, Manolis Paterakis, Leonidas Papaleonidas.

The film is based on the book by W S Moss, though I thought the film was better than the book.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I like that, you guys just beat me to it !!!

?

It was one of the better factual British war films, filmed i believe in the correct districts concerned

That makes me think me actually,,,,, Best British B/W War movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i have a couple which would be my Desert Island Films !!!

?

Theres one that I bet a lot of people have'nt seen , if ever "The bells go down", its about British firemen during the Blitz, with of all people Tommy Trinder who was a wartime comic but playing a relatively straight part, others include James Mason, Mervyn Johns,William Hartnell, Finlay Currie, made in 1943 but referencing the beginning of the Blitz

Quote by davejb View Post
    Theres one that I bet a lot of people have'nt seen , if ever "The bells go down", its about British firemen during the Blitz, with of all people Tommy Trinder who was a wartime comic but playing a relatively straight part, others include James Mason, Mervyn Johns,William Hartnell, Finlay Currie, made in 1943 but referencing the beginning of the Blitz
    Not seen that one Dave. A favorite of mine which I think is also not well known is "Went the day well" made during the war and about a village attacked by German troops disguised as allied forces, and part of the plot was later reused in the "eagle has landed".
    Regards,

Jerry

Come on guys, we can do better than that!! Surely, how about some positive war time movies at least!!!!

I need some Dunkirk spirit at the moment!! Need some inspiration!! I feel like i am up to my waist .....

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Come on guys, we can do better than that!! Surely, how about some positive war time movies at least!!!!
    Went the day well is full of plucky brits fighting off the horrid nazis, an absolute classic and very uplifting and positive.

I watched carve her name with pride recently, which is a great and very moving film. Colditz story, dambusters, dunkirk, the wooden horse, there are just so many great B&W war movies made during and after the war, many hours of pleasure for all IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry