MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 115 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1440

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    ...The Colditz Story, The Wooden Horse, Too Late The Hero, In Which We Serve, Odette, The Man That Never Was, The Way To The stars.... the list is endless !

Nick

Indeed, and I was Monty's double etc.... just so many. Ice cold in Alex as Dave Thanatos mentioned, an all time classic. The man that never was as Nick said, another classic and another great deception by the British.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

By all mean carry on guys, i dont have the equipment(if you know what i mean ) to upload pictures etc

Ok, which classic British war film is this scene from ?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Is it Operation Crossbow????

Well done Dave !!! You are a true British war film buff

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It had me going for a minute or so, the word classic nearly fooled me then i realised that it was in full colour so had to be later than the 50s and into the mid to late 60s,1965 , with George Peppard as one of the leads, Tom Courtney, Anthony Quayle, Sofia Loren, Lilli Palmer, Patrick Wymark, playing Churchill as he did in quite a few films, and I think Trevor Howard, cant remember if John Mills was in there somewhere

Quote by davejb View Post
    It had me going for a minute or so, the word classic nearly fooled me then i realised that it was in full colour so had to be later than the 50s and into the mid to late 60s,1965 , with George Peppard as one of the leads, Tom Courtney, Anthony Quayle, Sofia Loren, Lilli Palmer, Patrick Wymark, playing Churchill as he did in quite a few films, and I think Trevor Howard, cant remember if John Mills was in there somewhere
    Yes he certainly was

Operation Crossbow (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nick

Remember this drill scene from 'The Colditz Story' with legends Richard Wattis, Ian Carmichael, lionel jeffries and John Mills

The Colditz Story - Drill Sequence - YouTube

Nick

?

Crazy guardsmen routine, actually an exacting drill to accomplish especially the slow march, plus the calling of command on the correct foot

?

Some of the amazing facts of their wartime service was that Richard Wattis was a member of S.O.E. in the arms division, he was a 2nd Lieutenant , Ian Carmichael was in the R.A.C, and took part in the Normandy landings in a Valentine tank as a 2nd Lieutenant and later promoted to Major, John Mills was in the Royal Engineers as a 2nd lieutenant but was medically discharged because of a stomach ulcer.Christopher Rhodes, who played Mc GILL,was actually a SIR and 3rd Baronet, he was in the ESSEX RGT and attained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and was Awarded the Croix De guerre and I think the American Legion of Merit for his wartime services