MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gumtree what would you do?

Article about: Well I saw this add purple heart us military medal | Southampton | Gumtree . It was cheap enough for what it was so thought I would go for it and paid by paypal along with buyer protection.

?

Default Gumtree what would you do?

Well I saw this add purple heart us military medal | Southampton | Gumtree . It was cheap enough for what it was so thought I would go for it and paid by paypal along with buyer protection. when I received the medal it looked nothing like the pic in the advert shown below. I was quite annoyed and having got no response from the seller. well I opened a case with paypal. Very disappointed

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Gumtree what would you do?

what I actually recieved

?

Not alot you can do except for what you've already done, let Paypal sort it out and get your money back. You clearly didn't receive what you were expecting so I hope it will be easy to resolve.

On the other hand, it might be worth taking some better pics and posting it here for opinions in case you got a better medal than what you were expecting to get, even though the ribbon is wrong.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

cheers Adrian, ill do that but without the ribbon and pin its hard to tell the era and type, from what I know but as you say it could be worth what I paid but still disappointed even for the money Ive been put off Gumtree now

cheers rory

I've had only one experience buying from gumtree and it was positive so don't turn off from it just yet. Sorry you got burned here mate. I think paypal will be on your side though, it's pretty clear cut.

?

Cheers Mate yea hope so I would still like to have the medal in the original pic tho but that's probably straight of the google search engine. more close up pics

I had an interesting experience with Gumtree a short while ago. I had recently got hold of a pair of 10 x 80 flak binoculars from the USA. I had them on the table alongside me whilst on the computer when a phone rang and asked if I had seen my binoculars on Gumtree. He gave me the auction reference number and I called it up. Sure enough there were the exact binoculars I had next to me. The paint, the code and the serial number were exactly the same. The supposed seller was in the UK. It was quite clear he had just lifted the previous sellers pictures and description from ebay and rejigged it slightly for Gumtree. I emailed asking a few questions and got no reply. I also emailed Gumtree.... 3 times outlining what I knew about the auction on thier site. I got nothing at all in the way of a response from Gumtree. So I know that if you buy anything from the auction site you could find yourself right up a Gumtree.
    All the best,
    D.

?

I think your right D ill be asking for pics with a copy of the same days paper in future, at least then ill know they own the item, if the post it or not would be another story....

The photo is just a stock photo from the internet.
    I hope PayPal refunds you.
    Gumtree is quite a good website,
    you do have to watch and do research before buying.
    I heard a story from a mate about a guy he knows who brought a car from gumtree,
    turns out it was stolen so few weeks after spending a few grand buying it he had to give it back and of course he never got his money back.

I have had some great experiences from Gumtree, buying/selling. However, I have seen a lot of fake/suspicious militaria so always use caution when using it.

Thank you, Glen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast