Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Guns in the U.K.

Article about: Hi Ian, We will make up a section soon lol Engineers are always welcome mate Dave.

No, I can't say that I have. At the moment I'm quite happy just to survive!

By the way, that card was issued (I think) in 1974 for my tour in the Lodge. I don't remember what I did with the one I had for Andersonstown. maybe us Brit squaddies from the 70's/80's should pool our resources for the benefit of others on this forum. What do you think?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    No, I can't say that I have. At the moment I'm quite happy just to survive!

By the way, that card was issued (I think) in 1974 for my tour in the Lodge. I don't remember what I did with the one I had for Andersonstown. maybe us Brit squaddies from the 70's/80's should pool our resources for the benefit of others on this forum. What do you think?
    I think its a good idea............but you should know that I am ex RAF not one of you Pongos........with respect to you.....

I once had a friend in the RAF Regiment. We all did the same conversion course to Rapier in 1973. Please don't tell anyone I fraternised with your lot...

I once had a friend in the RAF Regiment. We all did the same conversion course to Rapier in 1973. Please don't tell anyone I fraternised with your lot...
    Between you, me and the world wide interweb mate................

Here's one for Lugerlout...

We needed to be told when we could fire...

Attachment 674079
    Or as was stated in RoE regs ("Yellow Card"), If you believed you saw a weapon, you returned fire.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Steve,
    Great to hear about the next book shuld be a really good read, that new info will come in handy bet
    this is getting like a veterans club lol, we have the Gunner, RAF and Infantry so far, look forward to seeing some more pics of the weapons.
    Dave.

?

Here's one for Lugerlout...

We needed to be told when we could fire...

Attachment 674079
    Unless I am mistaken Harry, the infamous "Yellow Card Rules"!! With "British Army. Halt, or I fire!" given 3 times before being allowed to fire unless in direct contact and taking fire/casualties!!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

And to continue jacking my own thread I just found this one...........from my own four month stint in that %&thole in 1983.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Great to hear about the next book shuld be a really good read, that new info will come in handy bet
    this is getting like a veterans club lol, we have the Gunner, RAF and Infantry so far, look forward to seeing some more pics of the weapons.
    Dave.
    You've also got the Engineers represented as well Dave.....ME! (ex-TA infantry and RE)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Default Webley No 1

Webley No 1 R.I.C revolver 007.jpgWebley No 1 R.I.C revolver 008.jpg.38 Webley 001.jpg.38 Webley 002.jpgHi,
    Here,s a nice old 1868 Webley No 1 R.I.C revolver 450.Cal, the first double action revolver they made
    it has a very early Ser No of 246, could be in better condition but i like it as it is.
    And my Webley No4 war issue service revolver.
    Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast