Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Guns in the U.K.

Article about: Hi Ian, We will make up a section soon lol Engineers are always welcome mate Dave.

Hi Ian,
    We will make up a section soon lol Engineers are always welcome mate
    Dave.

Dave....nice Webleys mate......I love these things...I have a 1917 MkVI which is a live firer and always a pleasure to shoot........

Hi
    I would like a nice early model but will have to wait a while i think, i love the old ones they have a good history, i have a couple of small pocket pistols to both obsolete Cal,
    Dave.

For the benefit of Big Ned. A person didn't have to be armed for us to open fire. If our life was in danger -and we thought we could be killed, then we could open fire!

Lugerlout, keep hold of that. These documents are getting scarce. Here is something worth reading, our regimental part 1 orders after our tour in Andersonstown..

IMG_0042.jpgIMG_0043.jpg

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    For the benefit of Big Ned. A person didn't have to be armed for us to open fire. If our life was in danger -and we thought we could be killed, then we could open fire!

IMG_0042.jpgIMG_0043.jpg
    Steve,

For the benefit of everyone else, I am aware of that.

One only has to look at the incident involving Private Lee Clegg and others of 3 Para opening fire in 1990 where unarmed joyriders were shot dead after running a police checkpoint with a stolen Vauxhall Astra. The details of this incident are too involved to go into here, but Clegg was wrongly jailed for life due to the manner in which the RoE regs were interpreted, wrongly in my opinion. The poor guy spent a total of 4 years in prison until he was released on license in 1995 with a conviction for "attempting to wound" still hanging over his head. He was eventually acquitted of this in 2000.

That was 10 years of his life with that sh!t hanging over his head, and all down to different interpretations of the 'Yellow Card', plus I think, a heavy dose of pandering to the Republicans due to the start of the Northern Ireland Peace Process.

This is starting to get off topic, I shall desist from further discourse and withdraw from this thread.

Thanks, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4