Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Article about: Should be interesting. I was an army brat in Germany, we lived just down the road from Schweinfurt. In fact, my Junior High School was in Schweinfurt, down the road from Ledward barracks. Le

?

Default Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

This time around, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg-who previously delivered the likes of 2001′s “Band of Brothers” and 2010′s “The Pacific”-will create a miniseries that will focus on the Eighth Air Force.

The series will be based on Donald L. Miller’s nonfiction book “Masters of the Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany.”

http://xfinity.comca...wii-miniseries/
    Regards,
    John

Default re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

I cant wait for that!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I cant wait for that!!

Nick
    Same here!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Same here!...
    Same here !!!! Cant wait for that also !!

I like Band of brothers,really did not like the pacific too political.
    I hope he will keep his political view out of this one.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    chris
    Indeed.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    chris
    I love BoB, not so keen on the Pacific, what was political in it ???? Just curios, perhaps it didn’t grab my attention enough

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I love BoB, not so keen on the Pacific, what was political in it ???? Just curios, perhaps it didn’t grab my attention enough
    Bad American,baby killer,anti war crap and more.
    chris

?

BoB was excellent.
    With The Pacific, I couldn't empathize with any of the characters. I couldn't really care less if they lived or died, and it was difficult to distinguish one from the other.
    I hope they can fix that in their next effort.

Best Regards,

Andy

If you have not then read 'The old breed' by Sledge its excellent and to fair the Pacific did the book justice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast