Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Article about: Should be interesting. I was an army brat in Germany, we lived just down the road from Schweinfurt. In fact, my Junior High School was in Schweinfurt, down the road from Ledward barracks. Le

Default Re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

How about keep it simple, and do us Brits a favour, a remake of Dads Army !!!! with full Speilberg backing !! haha

Default Re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Yes, another chance for them to tell us how the Americans won the war,can't wait.

I really enjoyed Band of Brothers and watch it with my American wive on a regular basis, the Pacific did not hold my attention and I stopped watching 3/4's of the way through part 1. Hopefully this new one will be as good as B of B.

Sadly they will never do North Africa as mostly it was won by the British & Commonwealth forces.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well said Jerry !

My father was a Sapper in the RE, he did his national service and later stayed on longer, he visited Tobruk while on exercise in the late 50s or early 60s, saw all the graves, I think they were clearing mines later on, will have to ask him again

I think our US brothers in arms underestimate the importance of the Africa campaign, if indeed we had lost North Africa and the Med, there would have been no D- Day and the Axis powers would have run riot everywhere, the US would have been compromised in MO

As a canadian I hope they do

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Yes, another chance for them to tell us how the Americans won the war,can't wait.

I really enjoyed Band of Brothers and watch it with my American wive on a regular basis, the Pacific did not hold my attention and I stopped watching 3/4's of the way through part 1. Hopefully this new one will be as good as B of B.

Sadly they will never do North Africa as mostly it was won by the British & Commonwealth forces.
    Exactly, I ended up reading a book and just watching the battle scenes. It (The Pacific) just did not hold my attention at all.

Best Regards,

Andy.

He should remake the Dambusters but he would probably use B17's

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    He should remake the Dambusters but he would probably use B17's

Nick
    I am sure it’s been considered, but the dog may be a problem for the US audiences and people in general

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I am sure it’s been considered, but the dog may be a problem for the US audiences and people in general
    I am sure I saw a recent showing of it or maybe it was a documentary, but they cut the dogs name out.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This looks good, but I will forever hold on to my dream of a Hollywood take on a kompanie of Heer infantry on the East Front, following them from the time of their recruitment until the bitter end at Berlin. Of course, that will never happen in my lifetime...

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    How about keep it simple, and do us Brits a favour, a remake of Dads Army !!!! with full Speilberg backing !! haha
    Nothing will ever beat the originals!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast