Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Happy Victory Day!

Article about: Hi everyone- I am writing this today (well actually for me it’s the day after ) to say happy Victory Day, and to share with you my experiences. As I have said before, I am currently in Mosco

Thumbs up Happy Victory Day!

Hi everyone- I am writing this today (well actually for me it’s the day after ) to say happy Victory Day, and to share with you my experiences. As I have said before, I am currently in Moscow, and I am staying in a historic apartment building called “the house on the bankement”, and in this apartment building, Stalin’s children, Marshal Zhukov, Marshal Tukhachevsky, some of Lenin’s Comrades, and a boy named Lev Fedotov who predicted the beginning and course of the war all lived here. We are right the river (I believe it’s the Moscow river??) from the side of the Kremlin where they fire blank artillery rounds during the Soviet/Russian anthem in the parade, and also where the tanks and other military vehicles pass through. After the Victory Parade, me and my family partook in “The Immortal Regiment March”, where I carried a portrait of my Great Grand uncle (my profile picture) who died during the war, and I also wore an M-43 Soviet Officers Uniform. Also, on the train ride to Moscow, me and my family were talking to this WWII Soviet Veteran who was with his daughter, and he said he served in Stalingrad, Berlin, Bulgaria, and many other places. He also wrote a song about his experiences (he wrote it while the war was going on I believe and then added to it at the end, as it talks about victory in the end of the song), and I recorded him singing. He is 96, and he has trouble walking, but he stood up while the train was moving and sung beautifully. So far my Russia trip has been great so far, but I wish the museums were open in St. Petersburg. Once again, happy Victory Day to everyone!

Happy Victory day to you too! I would love to be able to travel to Europe to see some of the historical sights one day. It’s wicked awesome that you get to live in one, it must be a cool experience.