Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Happy War of 1812 Day

Article about: Just wanted to say I know who won the war of 1812 , we did ! Canada that is , the simple answer is we got invaded ,we fought off that attack and went down south and burnt down the White Hous

CBH
    ?

Default Happy War of 1812 Day

Just wanted to say I know who won the war of 1812 , we did ! Canada that is , the simple answer is we got invaded ,we fought off that attack and went down south and burnt down the White House . But its hard for the US to admit defeat , and historical revisionist can change any out come to fit their needs . But the the facts are , if you try to invade a country and don't gain any territory how can you call that a victory . And thank you to the British and Natives for all the help in defeating the invading hoards . Long Live Canada !
    Cheers Chris

Default Re: Happy War of 1812 Day

I'm with ya on that one, Chris! Canada all the way!

Cheers,
    Finn

?

You say that on a computer but you would't face to face.

By the way you are beggining to sound like prosper keating.

Shame Tchaikovsky didnt write an overture to celebrate like he did for the Russians that year

Congrats !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Let's see where this goes lol

?

Cant comment really its been 900 odd years since we got invaded, and contrary to popular belief I dont remember that day

The Canadians, Brits, and natives put up a good fight. The American offensive was poor at the very best. In all honesty though, nobody really won. Nothing was lost and nothing was gained. It was more like a stalemate, both sides agreeing the war was pointless in the end.

Corey

mpw
    ?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Cant comment really its been 900 odd years since we got invaded, and contrary to popular belief I dont remember that day
    Unless you are old enough to remember the 'invited' invasion of William Prince of Orange at Brixham on the 5th of November 1668. I guess arriving with 11000 foot and 4000 horse soldiers qualifies as an invasion...

Mark.

True that, Chris....but when we blew Ross off his horse and kicked the Admiral's butt at Baltimore, it kind of was worth the effort! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by davejb View Post
    The Battle of Fishguard was a military invasion of Great Britain by Revolutionary France during the War of the First Coalition. The brief campaign, which took place between 22 February and 24 February 1797, was the most recent effort by a foreign force that was able to land on Britain, and thus is often referred to as the "last invasion of Britain".
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast