Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Has anyone dealt with Oakleaf Militaria?

Article about: Has anyone dealt with Oakleaf Militaria? are they reputable? Thanks in advance!!

?

First off, I have never purchased from this dealer, although I have viewed his website many times, and also his display at the MAX & SOS for many years.
    I'm primarily a cloth headgear guy, and Oakleaf has a LOT of them; virtually any branch, waffenfarbe, and rank. Therein lies some of the problem, methinks, as some are undoubted fakes, and he should know better, especially when someone with more money than knowledge and/or brains makes a $5,000 mistake.
    I would say that most of his visor caps are good, although overpriced, IMHO. The faux HG cap mentioned earlier in this thread is a prime example of one of the site's stinkers. Anyone who knows a bit about visors knows that a pebbled underside to the peak is a dead giveaway to a fake.
    Well. he's one of the "big boys", and comments by we mere mortals on the forums, mean little or nothing to him. Nevertheless, caveat emptor.

BobS

?

I have bought a few items at Oakleaf. I had no problems with the deal or delivery to Russia.

Regards, Lars

Oakleaf has been caught more than once with humped tunics and high-end reproductions.

it is a long read but is extremely well worth it:

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

William Kramer

A long and painful read, for sure. It is an Excellent reminder as to why I do Not visit WAF much anymore.....36 pages of the most asinine and ridiculous squabbling, name calling and personal accusations that I've seen in a Long time. If anyone ever needs a reason to avoid the WAF, this is a fine example. As for the tunic mentioned and Oakleaf? Who knows? As I said earlier, Oakleaf has good and they have bad. If a person is so totally Clueless about what they are collecting and what they are looking at, then they have no place collecting in the 1st place...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The books are OK and fairly priced for the most part. Lower level items are probably OK for the most part. NH

?

Every item I look at from Oakleaf, I post here on the forum. So far all have been 100 percent. Do your research and post on the forum. It is a mixed bag, but no reason not to purchase an original item from him.

?

Never had problems with Oakleaf. Post before buying

Cheers

?

Not a site for new collector ,Some good some bad.
    I have bought items before from them but you must know what you are looking at.

?

Quote by Richthofen View Post
    I bought something from them last week. Even price is higher but they are reputable.
    Are you kidding me guys?

I would not buy from this dealer. Many fake helmets, many fake visors, humped up uniforms, medals, insignia, the list goes on and on. Sure he has some good items but why buy from a fraudulent dealer.

Supporting him you are supporting fakery, fraud and dealer neglect.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Are you kidding me guys?

I would not buy from this dealer. Many fake helmets, many fake visors, humped up uniforms, medals, insignia, the list goes on and on. Sure he has some good items but why buy from a fraudulent dealer.

Supporting him you are supporting fakery, fraud and dealer neglect.
    I`ll echo these sentiments ... syllable for syllable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast