Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Has Jo Rivett lost the plot?.

Article about: Got this email below about 30 mins ago from Jo Rivett has anyone had one aswell?. I failed to find the humor in it and found it slightly offensive really. What is his problem?. Seeing i lost

?

Default Has Jo Rivett lost the plot?.

Got this email below about 30 mins ago from Jo Rivett has anyone had one aswell?. I failed to find the humor in it and found it slightly offensive really. What is his problem?. Seeing i lost my faith in humanity recently this only adds to the reason why i have.

Hi one `n all.
    Just a quick reminder about the fantastic % discounts % available. THERE ARE NONE, have never been any, and will never be any. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it! (But please share, I too like a good puff now and then)
    I have been busy updating the site today and will continue through to the end of next week. (That has sweet FA to do with discounts I know, it still sounds nice and will get people clicking like mad on my site)
    Almost every section will have items added to it, including the new BLYAT section. As explained in that section, BLYAT actually means BARGAINS in Russian, and that`s what you will get there.
    Apart from that, happy Easter, top of the week to you all, and Blyat!
    If you need help in translating this mail, pick up your phone and call someone who gives a flying monkeys cuss, as I certainly do not.

Very odd indeed and not appreciated at least for me anyway. Maybe i have missed something?. If this is a way to drum up business i fail to see who would want to buy after receiving this.

Yeah, I got that same email. I've chatted with Jo a few times via email, and he's a very witty and clever guy, whose humor can be a bit abrasive from my experiences. At the same time, he's typically been a really funny guy, and I think he's trying to be humorous, not offensive here. It may be a little much for a promotional email though, and could easily send the wrong signals. Still, he's been good to me, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

People often mistake my demeanour on here as also being offensive, but it's never meant that way.

There was a time when I was younger that I thought the whole world revolved around me. But after a while, I realised that this was not the case, and in fact the world revolved around the sun.....

....That shines out my ar$e.

I love you guys, really, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    People often mistake my demeanour on here as also being offensive, but it's never meant that way.

There was a time when I was younger that I thought the whole world revolved around me. But after a while, I realised that this was not the case, and in fact the world revolved around the sun.....

....That shines out my ar$e.

I love you guys, really, Ned.
    Aaaaaw bless!....

?

I'm a bitter and twisted man at the moment Ned , i have always liked you for some reason though. Blocked email messages from parteiabzeichen now.

Thanks Gunny old pal,

Btw, with all the new tatts you've been getting lately, i've decided in future to no longer call you Gunny, but "Death Row" Hartmann instead......Sound as a pound.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I got it too. I thought is was actually funny, but I have a warped sense of humour at times
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!