Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello

Article about: Just wanted to say hello as just discovered this forum! Great site! I have a very small collection of stuff which I make seek advice in identifying. I was also lucky enough to grow up in Sen

Murada67
    ?

Default Hello

Just wanted to say hello as just discovered this forum! Great site! I have a very small collection of stuff which I make seek advice in identifying. I was also lucky enough to grow up in Sennelager, West Germany which was full of archaeology and 'living history'. An hours metal detecting would unearth literally bags of spent cartridge cases and a brief cycle ride onto the ranges would bring you into contact with dozens of wrecked tanks.

I have a WW2 German Penant (black trainangular shape, with swatika in a red and white chequred diamond), with VII on it) which has never been identified together with a bayonet which I will post pics of at some point as I am sure you guys can tell me a bit more about that.

Default Re: Hello

Welcome to the forum

A great place to grow up !!

It sounds like the pennant is perhaps Hitler Youth but photos will confirm.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collectio too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Murada67
    ?

Cheers Nick - I am in Yorkshire too. Dad was in the Army so grew up in Germany (during the 70s/80s). Mainly in Sennelager/Paderborn but originally we were in Munsterlager which was a really intereresting camp (you could find bags full of stuff even without digging)! During the 80s I went to school in Gutersloh which had been a Wermacht Barracks. My dad was stationed in Paderborn (which had been home to a Panzer Unit). The army ranges around Sennelager where heaven for any collector - particulalry some the areas around my house which had been disused since the end of the War.

Quote by Murada67 View Post
    Cheers Nick - I am in Yorkshire too. Dad was in the Army so grew up in Germany (during the 70s/80s). Mainly in Sennelager/Paderborn but originally we were in Munsterlager which was a really intereresting camp (you could find bags full of stuff even without digging)! During the 80s I went to school in Gutersloh which had been a Wermacht Barracks. My dad was stationed in Paderborn (which had been home to a Panzer Unit). The army ranges around Sennelager where heaven for any collector - particulalry some the areas around my house which had been disused since the end of the War.
    Sounds brill , I was stationed in Detmold in the very early 80s in an old Panzer barracks...great times

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for introducing yourself. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Murada67
    ?

Talking Re: Hello

Great site...discovered by accident when trying to find the value of a 105mm shell casing (circa 1985 fired by an Abbot SPG)!! Particularly like the archaeology sections. Only have very small collection now - I offloaded so much stuff in the 80s - you just don't appreciate it. Got to see loads of places whilst in Germany - Berlin, the Eagles nest at Obersalzberg etc etc

Made my first trip the tank museum in Bovington recently - fab place. Also did the trenches/war memorial at Vimy Ridge was fascinating.

Detmold was in the catchment area of my school so I guess you will know Sennelager very well. I reckon every single squaddie has trained there at some point!

Cheers

Paul

?

Hi paul, welcome to the best forum out there, you will find that the guys on here are some of the most knowledgable you will ever get to know, and the most helpful, in the early 70s i was at detmold , thats where i picked up a nice Quist m40 down in the cellars. In the town there was a cafe called the FUNKE, where we used to ask for Knacker and chips, there was also a little junk type shop that sold TR behind a curtain at the rear of the shop, my mate bought a very nice EM tunic for 25dm and i ended up with a Luftwaffe nurses uniform, less said about that the better, good times , At the barracks there was an old boy on the gatehouse we called hans, he would give us the salute with outstretched hand every time we spoke to him, we found out that he had been SS Panzer he didnt have a care in the world about who knew what he had been

Well gents, I was stationed at RAF Gutersloh from 89-92, my married quarter was at Ummeln near Bielefled. As to Sennelager I have spent weeks there on Ex, we used to say "Sennelager, probably the worse lager in the world" lol My twin boys went to school at Manser Barracks in Gutersloh, cannot remember the name of the school though, Small world

BTW I live other side of the border in Derbyshire
    Ben

?

welcome and Hi from sweden =)

Quote by davejb View Post
    Hi paul, welcome to the best forum out there, you will find that the guys on here are some of the most knowledgable you will ever get to know, and the most helpful, in the early 70s i was at detmold , thats where i picked up a nice Quist m40 down in the cellars. In the town there was a cafe called the FUNKE, where we used to ask for Knacker and chips, there was also a little junk type shop that sold TR behind a curtain at the rear of the shop, my mate bought a very nice EM tunic for 25dm and i ended up with a Luftwaffe nurses uniform, less said about that the better, good times , At the barracks there was an old boy on the gatehouse we called hans, he would give us the salute with outstretched hand every time we spoke to him, we found out that he had been SS Panzer he didnt have a care in the world about who knew what he had been
    Which barracks Dave? I was 18 months in Lothian barracks in Detmold

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.