Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hello! I got ripped off!

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the site and just started collecting. I am off to a horrific start. I was looking for German items and guess who's site I get directed to first. Mr. Charles Snyder. I got t

Hi,
    Sorry to hear that you got ripped off, but this forum is a mine of information if you need to know anything in the collecting world this is the place to be, Good luck in the future and dont let that scumbag put you off.
    Dave.

Oddly enough, I originally bought a regular SS black border armband and instead he sent me this one that was already in your forums - NSDAP SS/SA Armband!! I paid 300 bucks for this. He said the original one was sold but that he had one just like the other one. Now I see he was trying to pawn this one of at 130. Then I bought the attached picture because I literally had know idea what I was doing and was surprised I could find and buy these so easily. Clearly those are an enormous joke. What an amazing manufactured Jewish star on those two. Ugh, Im so disgusted. I cant believe I fell for this. Luckily I paid with Paypal and returned the items with a tracking number. At worst he will have to deal with them for awhile. I will then be contacting Consumer Affairs if Paypal flakes out on me. This dude is a straight predator. I sent him multiple emails and haven't heard a peep yet. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks! Jewish.jpg
    I just got a response finally - "Send back for refund." Should be interesting.

The problem you face with a lawsuit is obtaining legal counsel would cost more than the amount he "stoled" from you. Next option is small claims court, but you probably will not win and even if you did either way the amount that it cost for travel and to take off work would exceed the said previous amount. Besides that, proving the items are fake, as I'm sure your family members know who are lawyers; I've already asked mine, is next to impossible. Who's to say you aren't wrong and he is right? Can you prove without doubt they are fake. He has been doing this for 50 plus years, how long have you? These type of scum know this and use it to their advantage to con new collectors out of their hard earned money.
    This is undoubtably a horrible situation and one with little recourse to take. Many have tried what you speak of doing only to find more heartache and wasted time. Hopefully good olé Charlie will just refund your money, which will likely depend on how long ago you purchased these. If he does, consider yourself lucky and for now on always post ANYTHING on these fora you're considering buying prior to sending payment and stay far away from Snyder's site!! Even if I am completely confident an item is original I will still post it as a second opinion never hurt anyone.
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with this matter.

*Here is a dealer I admire and respect.
    Grenadier Military Antiques

Ha!! Those "Jewish stars" are pitiful...not even close my friend. By the way, it's not a Jewish star but rather a Star of David.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, friend....I recommend PhilippMilitaria, a German dealer with a great selection and great prices...Doreen Philipp is one of the most honest and reliable dealers I've ever had the pleasure to do business with...
    I also recommend GermanWarBooty...John is a well-known, reliable, and honest dealer as well...
    I also suggest posting here before purchasing...and I recommend more study/research of original pieces!
    cheers, Glenn

hi i too am sorry,im learning all the time ive found this war relics forum the best there is ,everyone is very helpful and saved me a lot of money ....kev

Sorry you got stung mate!...

Quote by Jaysmark View Post
    Any tips for a first timer who just learned a terrible lesson?
    Ask questions and research BEFORE you buy...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    The problem you face with a lawsuit is obtaining legal counsel would cost more than the amount he "stoled" from you. Next option is small claims court, but you probably will not win and even if you did either way the amount that it cost for travel and to take off work would exceed the said previous amount. Besides that, proving the items are fake, as I'm sure your family members know who are lawyers; I've already asked mine, is next to impossible. Who's to say you aren't wrong and he is right? Can you prove without doubt they are fake. He has been doing this for 50 plus years, how long have you? These type of scum know this and use it to their advantage to con new collectors out of their hard earned money.
    This is undoubtably a horrible situation and one with little recourse to take. Many have tried what you speak of doing only to find more heartache and wasted time. Hopefully good olé Charlie will just refund your money, which will likely depend on how long ago you purchased these. If he does, consider yourself lucky and for now on always post ANYTHING on these fora you're considering buying prior to sending payment and stay far away from Snyder's site!! Even if I am completely confident an item is original I will still post it as a second opinion never hurt anyone.
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with this matter.

*Here is a dealer I admire and respect.
    Grenadier Military Antiques
    This is what I asked my brother. He told me that there would be no point in small claims court as it would be a waste. I showed him all of the people online who were not just getting fakes, but were then not getting refunds after returning their items. He said with enough evidence and testimonial, a criminal fraud case could be opened against him that would involve any victims willing to participate. It's how you see guys on Ebay selling fake autographs for years finally going to jail. He prosecuted some guy who had sold over 600,000 dollars in fake merchandise and sent the guy to prison for 8 years and there was no real evidence the guy had been signing the items himself. I would be willing to bet Charlie's tax records are remarkably off as well. I did 5 minutes of research and found 100 of complaints about this guy. I bet I could find dozens of people who bought some of the more expensive items from him. All I'm saying is there are ways to get his guy and anyone who thinks there is not is just contributing to his lengthy criminal record. Maybe I'm that guy who finally does something about it. Anyway, I'm banking on Paypal doing their job because they have a tracking number for the return. If not, there is no way Im letting him get away with this, even if I have to go to his house and speak to him in a language he would more likely understand.

?

A sad start on collecting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast