Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello and thank you!

Article about: Hi Everyone, I've been lurking for sometime reading the old posts and drooling over some of the pictures! (This sight needs a green "envy" emoticon, ). I am new to collecting, most

Smile Hello and thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for sometime reading the old posts and drooling over some of the pictures! (This sight needs a green "envy" emoticon, ).

I am new to collecting, mostly I collect helmets. I have small, unimpressive collection, that I enjoy tremendously. Thanks to the knowledge so willingly shared, I have learned a great deal. I learned my M-1 helmet is from the 60s, two of my Brodie helmets are Dutch and one is Canadian. I've also learned you can't trust sellers on ebay, However, I can't complain about my purchases there because I really can't afford the expensive stuff right now, so I go cheap. They say you can't cheat an honest man. Well, it's hard to cheat a cheap ba$t@rd, too

Once I get some batteries for my camera, I'll post some pics soon. I have another Brodie coming, an American M17 from the pictures. I will want an evaluation on it from all y'all when it comes in the mail. It seems I have a facination with the Brodie, it is my favorite design, and my goal is to get as many different examples as possible. I've also found that it is hard to get genuine Brit made helmets here, but Canadian ones are more prominent.

So, thank you for sharing your knowledge everyone, and keep posting pics of your stuff 'cause that makes this site such a blast to read.

Again, thanks and many blessings on you all,
    Usagi Yojimbo aka Sam

?

Default Re: Hello and thank you!

hiya Sam & welcome to the forum so glad you've found this place so useful & it has been of great help good luck in your collecting & most of all have fun

Welcome to the forum Sam. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge to be gleened from the members here. It's a wonderful site to obtain non-adversarial learned opinions, which is a rare commodity in today's world.

Jay

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.

Welcome! Can't wait to see your helmets!

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your helmets. I have bought a few on eBay, and you are right about trusting the sellers.