Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

help a noob

Article about: hi im new to militaria collecting im 22 from the uk ive always loved ww2 and history, i love the films docs every thing to do with it it just amazing i love it some times i feel like i shoul

Default Re: help a noob

thank guys for all the comments really appreciate them
    so are they the two best sites to buy off?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Some excellent answers above.

Alternatively you could always do what I do and go and dig up your own relics, that way you don't need to worry if they're fakes or not. Plus you get the thrill of discovering something that has been buried for more than 60 years

Steve T
    I'm really interested in going to see battle grounds
    do you just dig around or use a metal detector

Quote by totalwar13 View Post
    thank guys for all the comments really appreciate them
    so are they the two best sites to buy off?
    these are two of the best. Even the best can make a mistake. It is how they handle the mistake is what sets them apart from many others. As mentioned previously, you can also peruse our For Sale section. May I suggest that you invest in a good library. That is something many new collectors neglect which in my opinion is a big mistake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    these are two of the best. Even the best can make a mistake. It is how they handle the mistake is what sets them apart from many others. As mentioned previously, you can also peruse our For Sale section. May I suggest that you invest in a good library. That is something many new collectors neglect which in my opinion is a big mistake.
    any good places to get coins from?
    see some on ebay
    also sorry for all the questions guys
    which book are recommend ?

Welcome aboard, its nice to see another Brit from up North!!

Some great advice given by the guys, enjoy collecting and learning

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

totalwar

It depends on the information you can get about a site but usually I use a metal detector. I say usually because sometimes you can pinpoint the site of one of the base dumps. In those cases, you don't need a metal detector, just a big shovel and plenty of time to dig a BIG hole. However, you need to read the posts about the use of metal detectors, especially the laws regarding their use, before you go out digging up someone's rose bushes. Check the metal detector forum sticky posts.

Steve T

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2