Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey Ade, How do you know so much?

Article about: Hi Guys, thanks for all the kind comments. I have edited my original post a bit as I though of things I forgot to mention this morning. I ought to make you my agent Gary Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Hey Ade, How do you know so much?

Hi Guys, thanks for all the kind comments. I have edited my original post a bit as I though of things I forgot to mention this morning.

I ought to make you my agent Gary

Cheers, Ade.

?

Talking Re: Hey Ade, How do you know so much?

Plans are afoot !!!!

I'm trying to get Alan Titchmarsh (The Housewives choice .. according to the popular media) booted off his afternoon programme ..

They need a younger "Market-Gardener" to fill their afternoons .. (With Lez's permission of course !!)

By the time of the Oscar awards ... you'll be the new Clark Gable of the Allotments !!

.. And all that for 10% ... what a manager !!

Cheers

Gary

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, thanks for all the kind comments. I have edited my original post a bit as I though of things I forgot to mention this morning.

I ought to make you my agent Gary

Cheers, Ade.

Thats a great story, thanks for sharing. Im always interested in learning how people get into the hobby and their background. And from the comments it seems like others are too. Its nice to know people like you are out there.

Now that i have more time, and i got to read over "the tales of Ade" again,

It always seems that holding that first "real" piece of history is what really brings the hobby into light for most people. I've heard that time and time again.

I have to say again, you really have great story, and the board is lucky to have a guy like you. As a young collector, you're a great role-model and I'd feel lucky to reach your level of knowledge even remotely to yours. I also must thank you for all the help you've given me in the last few months i've been hanging around the site. Well enough of my the butt kissing!

cheers to Ade,

Jess

?

I think I can safely say that Ade has been there, got the uniform, got the jeep and appeared in the book to boot. Since I've known him (which is almost 20 years ) he has been interested in German, American, British and most recently Russian. However I never seen him in a Japanese uniform, but I can't say that this could ever be ruled out. As to his knowledge of militria I don't think you can go wrong, due to his diverse collecting history, he has a very good all round knowledge of the WWII period. Plus he's had longer at this came than most LOL.

Nige.

Ade, what pray tell is a "wage packet"? Is that like a paycheck here in the states?

Great story, I myself have been interested in things military from a very young age. Unfortunately I never got into collecting...........YET!

All hail Adrian Stevenson for his learning and wisdom!

jma
    ?

Ade,

As a new member to this forum, i always look out for your posts and really like the measured informative way you reply to all questions asked.

I too have always been interested in ww2, mainly due to my grandad. He was captured near Dunkirk(we think) and was 5 years a POW, i cannot tell you how or where or under what circumstances he was captured as he never ever spoke of it. I always tried to get him talking of his experiences, but he never would. Sadly he passed away 8years ago aged 92 having spoken hardly a word about his captivity since he came home in 1945. I understand why he did not speak of it, i will regret till the day i die not asking him to write some sort of account of it. He probably would not even have done that, he was an uncomprimising old bugger, and i mean that in the nicest possible way.

I got my FAC to see what it was like to shoot the SMLE that he carried, i also have a K98 (rc). They are really my only two pieces of history.

Since i discovered this forum my interest has increased in other collectable items, thats all thanks to this forum and the great people that contribute to it.

So thanks to all forum members for the great posts and information contained here.

Long may it continue.

regards

jma

Ade does have a fantastic knowledge and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say how much his contribution is valued and his expertise trusted.

I would also like to point out that he is actually just the same as that old Gerry Anderson character 'JOE 90' in that he has to sit in a special machine to download stuff into his head from time to time.

Steve T

Would love to meet Ade at some fare if I manage to drag my sorry a** down south some day. Really appreciate his down to earth atitude and thanx again for sharing your vast knowledge with us all. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast