Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

History Channel stuffs it up!!

Article about: For my birthday my 'boss' gave me this boxed DVD set of the 100th anniversary of WW1 put together by the history channel. Fantastic, she is finally starting to learn........ So, neat artwork

Default History Channel stuffs it up!!

For my birthday my 'boss' gave me this boxed DVD set of the 100th anniversary of WW1 put together by the history channel.

Fantastic, she is finally starting to learn........

So, neat artwork - biplanes on the front.... 20150726_090449.jpg

20150726_090501.jpg and the business end of a tank on the back.

Hang On!! ....... that's not a WW1 tank - its a M7 Priest!! WTF????

How could they stuff THAT up? .... don't these bozo's have some history experts at the History Channel?
    I ( like you who are reading this ) cringe at such a faux pas.

Then to add to the insult, the side of the pack has a photo of a tin hat 20150726_090634.jpg
    with a bayonet next to it...... But its a Swedish Mauser bayo!!! ( and Sweden were neutral during the first war )

Once again I fear for the next generation who will eventually morph all things to do with military history together!!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That is really poorly done mate. I hope its only the packaging that is wrong and the contents will be pukka.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    That is really poorly done mate. I hope its only the packaging that is wrong and the contents will be pukka.
    Yes Jerry, I'm hoping it's not Loony Tunes or something like that!!

A nice gift from the boss though so don't comment on any mistakes to her!
    Regards,

Jerry

To her a tank is a tank is a tank...... she thinks I am being anal.

That's not very good at all, I would drop them an email and explain !!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, these things happen. Just the other day I was in a book-shop looking through a book on weapons of the 20th century. In the section covering WW1 weapons they had a picture of a Swedish Lahti - which they claimed was a PO8 Luger. A Kar98K rifle was listed as a Gew98. There were other mistakes too.

Isn't this a little more obvious of a mistake, they may has well have had a picture of a Sherman on the back of the box. Its just sloppy research, some young kid straight out of Uni has been tasked with doing the marketing. The is " The History Channel " not some children's chanel

They do make some f*ck ups in the programmes too, you see shows about the air war in the far east and they show film of Spitfires/Hurricanes during the battle of Britain, shows about the battle of the bulge and they show footage of German tanks on the eastern front. The researchers should be sacked!...

And footage of tiger tanks during the battle for France etc......all part of the fun of watching such shows is to spot the mistakes!
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast