Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

History of the forum

Article about: G'day all, just curious as to how and when the warrelics forum actually started? I joined just over a year ago but have often wondered how it all came about, who's idea it was, how they went

Default Re: History of the forum

Ade was kind enough to ask me to help shortly after things started up. He knew me from another Forum where I had become disenchanted with the way things were being run. When Ade explained what the ethical behavior would be for all, I said sign me up. I was fortunate to convince a few other expatriates such as FB to join up. This place is a joy to moderate. I cannot express in words how I appreciate the work of Ade, Dimas and all of the other moderators who make this Forum unique and informative.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

alfred-rethel-1816-1859-auch-ein-totentanz-holzschnitt.jpgholbei Der Krämer, aus Ein Totentanz geschnitten von Hans Lützelberger um 1525.jpgng1907_094b.jpgKnight-Death-and-the-Devil.jpgcatalog x2.jpg1 RZM .jpgcatalog .jpg
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Ade was kind enough to ask me to help shortly after things started up. He knew me from another Forum where I had become disenchanted with the way things were being run. When Ade explained what the ethical behavior would be for all, I said sign me up. I was fortunate to convince a few other expatriates such as FB to join up. This place is a joy to moderate. I cannot express in words how I appreciate the work of Ade, Dimas and all of the other moderators who make this Forum unique and informative.

My ambition is to become an expatriate, but my biography on two other sites both associated with what turns out to be some pretty dubious and reprehensible characters had not unfolded very well and homeless would better characterize me in June, 2008.

I came here because Adrian and Bob asked me to, and the results of their able and wise leadership speak for themselves, not the least because of their fine principles as well as the congenial presence of many other citizens of the digital republic.

Our aim is a kind of freedom in order versus savagery and idiocy exalted to metaphysics.

We also seek to attract research and evidence as well as the novice and the expert.

In this connection, we have had some successes and we have also been swift to expunge the miscreant and the trouble maker.

My warm thanks to gentle colleagues for their signal contributions and we look forward to further good companionship and knowledge.

I find myself feeling more and more proud of my join date even though I never post (meager collection) I have found countless hours of enjoyment from browsing the endless threads on this forum.

Not to mention how much knowledge I have gained from this forum.

MY German collecting ( the first time round ) began in 1984 and ceased 6 years later, discouraged and brow-beaten by all the negativity and protectionism that existed at the time ( here in Australia at least ) and much to my regret now, sold off the LOT.

Now, 21 years later I found this forum with it's knowledge pool and collective pragmatism and the long dormant disease started all over again!
    Damn you WarRelics, I'll never be well again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...............

Dan

I am a member of four forums which I really enjoy. I even find the WAF on the whole friendly and informative.

However this forum is streets ahead of any other for many reasons. If I could only choose one forum this would be it.

There is no one in this hobby who is more approachable, friendly and expert than our leader Ade !

I take my hat off to Dimas and the MODs too, great work guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have been collecting for several years but I would say that 80% or so of my knowledge has been acquired here since I joined in 2010. I am very proud to call you all my friends.

It's a shame that we can't all meet up somewhere and meet each other in person, since we are all over the world. You are all invited to my wedding of course, whenever that is!

?

Hello Everyone
    Before I joined this forum I used to, while not a member, browse other forums regularly. Some of the in-fighting & other politics that I
    read on these sites certainly made me a bit apprehensive about the worth of internet forums. I found Warrelics in 2009 & while not an
    active member at first, I really appreciated the wealth of collecting knowledge & friendly atmosphere that pervaded the whole site. I am
    truly thankful for the extra knowledge that I have gained during my membership of this excellent forum.

Regards
    Brett

CBH
    ?

This is a wonderful community , informative and friendly . I spent a year or so just reading posts and learning more and more . I lost my old membership in one of the upgrades ,so I rejoined and snooped for another few months . But couldn't resist posting , not only has this forum helped my collecting (renewed my interest in my collection) but forced me to use a computer ! And its nice to see other people who love this crazy stuff like myself . Keep up the great work .
    Cheers Chris
    ps other forums loss ,is our gain

yes this forum is far the best from others..before i was and in other forums (and still am) but this one is more apleasant place , and help comes very fast.thank you very much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2