Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hoard thread

Article about: Hi there! I've heard about the "Deschler hoard" and the "Moscow hoard" and you still see the first of them around on dealer sites. For you that don't are familiar with th

Default Hoard thread

Hi there! I've heard about the "Deschler hoard" and the "Moscow hoard" and you still see the first of them around on dealer sites.
    For you that don't are familiar with the Deschler hoard, a lot of Mutterkreuz, Kvk's and EK's was found in the Deschler familys home a couple of years ago.

Most of us wants to find something like that, but I wonder: Do you guys have information about any other hoards that have been found? If you want, please share stories and pictures I have borrowed some pics from the forum to start with.
    Thank you in advance!

deschler hoard 1.jpg

deschler hoard 2.jpg

deschler hoard 3..jpg

deschler hoard 4.JPG

deschler hoard 5..jpeg

deschler hoard 6.jpg

The Moscow hoard: Pictures borrowed from Thanatos and Adrian from the forum.
    The items was captured in a German railcar during the 1941 Moscow battles.

EK,KvK Moscow rail capture..jpg

eks in russia.jpg

Here is pics from the Julius Kremp IKA RZM M4/55 buckle hoard that was found in 1980.
    The first pic belongs to Markus (yellow12)

KS Sa.jpg

ika1.jpg
    ika3.jpg
    Last edited by Wewelsburg; 06-10-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Just wait until they have excavated that Nazi treasure train in Poland!

In the 1960's, a huge hoard of Luftwaffe M43 caps was found in the Netherlands along with a large amount of paratrooper bandoleers in gray, tan and camo. There was also a large number of Luftwaffe other ranks flight tunics with various branch colored blank collar tabs attached. Sorry no pictures but the market was flooded for years with these items. They have now all been absorbed in to collections.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Bob, Was that the Bee hive hoard? If not I think there was a hoard of DAK sidecaps found lining a bee hive.

There was also the very recent hoard of waffen SS camo helmet covers...Which are still for sale...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Post 13 of this thread has a link to a thread on WAF showing this small hoard of SS helmet camo covers...

Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Just wait until they have excavated that Nazi treasure train in Poland!
    I want first refusal on the train itself!!!It will go well in My collection

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Post 13 of this thread has a link to a thread on WAF showing this small hoard of SS helmet camo covers...

Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover
    The direct link to WAF with the story of the find is here. It has actual pictures of the boxes in the outbuilding as well as all of the covers laid out (over 100). Will not copy and post the pictures myself as they are not mine.

Original Waffen SS Camouflage Helmet Covers Factory Un-Finished!! - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by MAP View Post
    Bob, Was that the Bee hive hoard? If not I think there was a hoard of DAK sidecaps found lining a bee hive.

There was also the very recent hoard of waffen SS camo helmet covers...Which are still for sale...
    I forgot about the DAK caps. I never heard the story about the bee hive. Before that stash was found in the mid 60's, the caps were fairly rare and selling in the $35 range. There were so many of them that flooded the market, they could be found at every gun show at $15. With all of the caps that hit the market, that had to be a gigantic bee hive. My thought is that is folk lore as all of the caps were like new.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My sidecap was allegedly from the 'beehive hoard'. Typical small size and unissued condition. If the story is true, some Italian farmer found (or looted) a warehouse at the end of the war and used bundles of caps to insulate the walls of his hives. I have never seen photographic evidence of this 'find'.

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast