Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Holocaust Star offered for sale in the classified section

Article about: by drmessimer I have only two thoughts to add to this excellent thread. I think that the sale of any artifact on this Forum should be limited to genuine artifacts. If reproductions or fakes

Default Re: Holocaust Star offered for sale in the classified section

The star certainly is a part of history. But the pain and suffering that is beneath that star is something that cannot be turned into money and passed on to another collector.

I do not judge them who want or have one of these in their collection, it is a historical item, and some people collect this kind of items.

And I do not judge the sale of these stars, as long as one does not sell them with their only reason to gain lots of money, that I would see as gaining profit from the suffering of others. But if someone has to sell the item, be it because a person in the same household feels uncomfortable with the star in the house or they are themselves not comfortable around it, then I see nothing wrong in it, as long as they dont demand very high prices.

Or they could hand it over to a museum, where it would be handled with care and respect, and where future generations can come and learn about the pain and suffering that fell upon those who were forced to wear this star.

As I posted in the earlier thread, I would not want one of these in my collection, but I do respect the right of others to buy or own them if they want to.

I remember the scenes in the world at war when they were bulldozing corpses at a KL and that has stuck with me ever since. In more recent times, I married a woman with Jewish ancestry, her father is Jewish, though she is not as Jewishness is passed through the mother's line and her father had become an atheist. I had already stopped collecting German steel helmets and large items with the swastika on them before we met and apart from a few small items, I don't own or collect SS items, though I can see the appeal. For a number of reasons I no longer buy TR German items any more, though have lots of them in my collection.

I still stand by my opening statement, if you want such items in your collection, that is up to you and not something I would dispute with you, as that is your right.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I just want to add on a personal level that I would never sale or profit for the jewish items I purchase. My wife know if I should past before her to donate them to the Houston Holocaust Museum. She even know the director of collection throught me.

Most of "holocaust" items are anyway just fakes. And as it is not political forum I do not say anything about the "holocaust". Some people belive in God, some in UFO-s... some belive in other things.

I personally do not see why these things should not be collected, but each to their own I suppose. Anyway you guys may find this article an interesting read: Horrifying world of Holocaust collectors | The Sun |Features
    Thanks, Glen.

In a way the main purpose for my collecting passion is to show my deep respect for the WWII Fighting Man...For various reasons I just happen to be interested in the German Soldier.
    In my case it wouldn't interest me to have such items in my collection as they would detract attention from my display's true purpose..."Taint" is the word...
    But, JEDEM DAS SEINE...To each his own-I hope this makes sense... Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.

?

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    I personally do not see why these things should not be collected, but each to their own I suppose. Anyway you guys may find this article an interesting read: Horrifying world of Holocaust collectors | The Sun |Features
    Thanks, Glen.
    The Sun obviously wrote this article as a sensationalist shock story but it's interesting to read the comments. Most of them were quite accepting of the need to preserve history and could understand the reasons behind collecting it.

Not what The Sun intended I'm sure.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

£500 for an Iron Cross?? Wow...I need to move to England and open a shop....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    £500 for an Iron Cross?? Wow...I need to move to England and open a shop....
    Haha!

I noticed that too, didn't comment on it as my fingers were busy on my calculator.......

It would appear my collection of EKs alone are now worth £80,000!

Ka-ching!!!!!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Time to cash em in and buy that cottage on the beach in Tahiti...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast