Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Honesty in collecting

Article about: AMTG great story and you did the right thing. That said the dealer probably made triple what he paid. I've got a good one for you. My dads best friend used to be neighbors with an old Canadi

Default Re: Honesty in collecting

You did right.

Well done. I have been placed in similar situations with Veterans and their items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

you never know, she may help you out someday! ,

also i'm sure she appreciated the money , it would have been amazing to take the items and go , however i would have more happiness knowing she has got money that she would never received, had it not been for you.

that money will make a lot more difference to her life than what the items would to yours in your collection

nice one !

?

Well I was asked to help out, and I feel it was a good outcome in the end....at least some of the stuff I learned on here has enabled someone to get the right info at the right time, i have some knowledge i have attained by handling objects and just some good old basic reading books, and it is nice to see someone benefit from wht they considered junk!!!!

And ingot a warm and fuzzy feeling out of it
    Last edited by AMTG; 02-15-2012 at 11:56 AM.

?

Wow.....some news....my wife just got home saying she recieved an email from the lady involved....she didn't sell everything, she saved one item....the gentlemans K98 bayonet, and would like me to have it as a thankyou....she said she was going to offer me some money, but thought I'd appreciate the bayonet

?

what did i say !!!!! ,

the bayonet will be a nice little addition

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yeh it's one I did notice, dress bayonet, unmarked......frog intact....very very chuffed and humbled

I know stuff sll on dress bayos, this one was silver blade, black scabbard and frog....didn't know GD would have been issued these

Any soldier could have bought these: they were private purchase and not issue.

?

Thanks Ade, he must have picked one up along the way.....nice to have, I have two issue bayos, so this will diplay nice along them....

I didn't expect this, it's been a few months since I last spoke to her....apparently she felt bad that she didnt get to say a proper thankyou, she offered me a finders fee, but kept the bayo as she thought I would appreciate that more....I'd rather have the bayo ith the provenance for sure!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast