Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

Article about: Hi gang! I have a story to relate to you about an experience that I am currently dealing with. I fully understand that this is something that could have been avoided with some research on my

Default Re: Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

"We will TRY to get SOME money out to you next week"?? Damn, that does Not sound promising. I wish you would have asked someone like Bob or myself before you experimented with Manion's. Even when Ron himself had the place, it never had the best reputation-and now, apparently, this is what it's declined into. Sorry to hear about your troubles and hoping the best of luck to you in recovering it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I purchased a ss dog tag from them. When it came they told me I would be able to return it for a refund due to it was fake. I never received my refund! Lesson learned!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I know I've purchased a few things from you via PM, but how often do you list items for sale on the WRF Classifieds? Would it make sense to sell more of your items here or does that take too much effort verses having an auction house do it?
    The helmets I sent weren't much special but they were genuine none the less. My problem is that I literally have hundreds of items I need to process and price.... Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Update.

I have now spoken with a customer service rep a couple of times today she does seem genuinely interested in resolving this situation. I was told that I will be over-nighted a partial payment and should have it by Saturday or Monday. Then I will receive a check weekly till the balance is paid. I will make sure to report the outcome.

It would appear that they have been in the cart for sometime according to this article from back in 2010.

http://www.militarytrader.com/milita...eres-the-money

Bloody amateurs...
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Years ago, I had a very bad experience with Manion's. They poorly packed a beautiful set of WHW glass ornaments with a 25 pound switchboard (!) and they were all destroyed. The switchboard survived. It took three months to get a refund on the WHW items. And they stupidly refunded the entire amount! I tried to return part of it and was ignored. Finally just kept it. Looking at their auction listings I complained about the descriptions over and over to no avail. Bundeswehr items listed as WWII, poor to fair condition Heer Zeltbahns listed with minimum bids ranging from $40 to $300! I bid on a bakelite whistle and won it for $18. Commision, shipping and handling came to $55!!! After that - no more business with Manion's - they suck. NH

?

Manion's has been a bit of a joke for quite some time now.

?

I couldn't stand Ron Manion. I knew him when he was pushing fakes mixed with good items at gunshows in the early 70s. I never did business with him. People I knew kept showing up with fake WWI patches they bought from his auction that I knew he was having made in California at the time. I felt bad when I had to bust their bubble and tell them they were bad. I remember a falshirmjager helmet with an SS decal and a truely pisspoor fake SS marshals baton that he had. I never trusted the man. I don't know the guy that bought the company from Ron but obviously things havn't changed very much.
    My best advice is don't do business with an outfit known for having problems. The best thing that can happen is for the outfit to go out of business.

With this track record of late, I can't see them staying in business
    much longer - who would want to deal with them after such
    lousy service ? Consigners should not have to wait for
    payments to come in dribs and drabs.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Sorry to hear this. Obviously there intentions werent good right from the start!! Sadly, It sounds like this wont be the end of your problems with them......and after a few small payments you will most likely run into some more excuses. I really hope not for your sake tho, truly. Best of luck, and at least youve made progress.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast