Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How can people be so thick and stupid!!!!!!!

Article about: Fair enough, still winds me up. Being so blatant and "care free", just carrying them on their shoulders for everyone to see??? Oh well, Probably took them into wetherspoons to show

Default How can people be so thick and stupid!!!!!!!

This picture was taken last mayday holiday monday at the lulworth ranges between Tyneham and worborrow bay,fantastic views and dorsets "ghost village"to boot,so why on a busy sunny clear day with loads of visitors around does a pair of morons decide to go off the beaten track to remove for only i can derive as some sort of treasure hunt to seek extremely dangerous tank shells,the police need to find these people as there's no way at the moment of telling whether the shells are live or practice rounds,either way how little must they think of themselves and immediate family around them if they were to be dropped,imagine the damage,there is a hot line number to the MOD central office to call if they can be identified so Bomb disposal can check them,this is a priority situation now..............Jake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: How can people be so thick and stupid!!!!!!!

I don't know what's more shocking, these morons with their tank shells or the fact the sun appears to be shining on a May Bank Holiday in England..........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

As I said on an other forum, they seem to be inert AP shells. Still trespassing and stealing govt property....

Probably the last option. I don't think shocking is the word, stupidity and foolishness are more appropriate

To true Adrian but they must of gone way off track to find them because when you stick to the official paths you just dont see them they are hidden in the deep heather folige,these walkways are checked regularly especially around holiday times.I personaly know an ex tank regiment guy who spent four years at Bovington and the clearing of shells at and around Tyneham.there actions just beggers belief..............Jake.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    As I said on an other forum, they seem to be inert AP shells. Still trespassing and stealing govt property....
    These ones may be inert, but imagine the mentality of these people would be "these look cool, we had a good day when we went last time, lets go looking again", and the thing they find next time may not be as safe

Also as Nitram has stated all shells regardless of inert,practice or live are still the property of the MOD and as such any removal without the correct authorization amounts to plain theft..........

I mean, you only have to ask one question to measure their intelligence....How did the picture get out? One of the fools would have posted it on facebook or such and boasted about what a good day they had. Its like filming yourself walking round with a gun and uploading it on youtube with the title "look at me, im a d**k"

Another thing that bugs me (sorry, wound me up now!) is that this will no doubt get into the sun or such with some title brandishing them as "militaria collectors" or "relic hunters" and will give everyone who has a genuine interest in this area a bad name.

Like it Vicky,the pic was taken by a lady walking past them with her camera phone,apparently at first she could,nt make out exactly what they were carrying and as she passed them the penny dropped and the pic was posted by the guy who runs the Tyneham facebook group,voiceing his grave concerns,bet there not local,most likely on holiday,we around here know better and have more respect for the place.............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast