Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How do you clean your uniforms?

Article about: And btw don't forget guys that repellents are never enough. You need to keep your war rooms clean from dust etc Use a good vacuum cleaner and mob around to have the floor clean.

Default Re: How do you clean your uniforms?

And btw don't forget guys that repellents are never enough.
    You need to keep your war rooms clean from dust etc
    Use a good vacuum cleaner and mob around to have the floor clean.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

We have those lavender gel things! As for washing, i don't even trust myself washing a pair of socks so i wouldn't let myself loose on the uniforms!

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i don't even clean my own suits.

this is because, no matter who you take them to and how careful it is done, believe me... it changes the garment.

i can tell immediately if a suit has been cleaned just by looking at it while talking to the person wearing it.

so something like this i just wouldn't clean. no way.

leave them as they come to you.
    How long can you wear a suit before you start smelling like 10 polecats tied together? I try to get my trousers dry cleaned every 2 weeks.

I use sometimes esence of thyme, 20 € the little bottle in pharmacy(In France)

I have several times hand washed filthy and smelly uniforms in warm water. There is no way my wife would except having really stinky uniforms in the house. Its not done them any harm. But I would only wash the most exceptionally dirty ones.

always sent my uniforms to the cleaners,no problems,mind you they were my work ones.LOL.

Just use a feather duster to keep off dust nothing else. Put cedar oil in container with open top next to wool helps keep critters away. timothy

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    How long can you wear a suit before you start smelling like 10 polecats tied together? I try to get my trousers dry cleaned every 2 weeks.
    well i just wear these things to dinner or the opera. stuff like that. so they don't take much wear. i probably wear a suit about 20 to 30 times a year and have more than one at any given time so i'd guess each one is worn maybe 4 or 5 times.

i go about a year. they don't smell at all and it's been many, many years since i've had anything land on me when wearing one.

by the time a year has gone by, i sell the things and buy new. an Agnes B. suit i'll keep a little longer because the cut changes very little season to season.

i cleaned a suit i owned once. this was about 15 years ago. when i got it back, there was a visible "sheen" to the edges of the lapels from the heat used in pressing it. so that suit was ruined.

i think if i had a job, things would be very different wearing them every day and all that.

but tunics, as many of us collect here, i'd not clean at all. they're not worn about and what soiling they may have is the soiling of history and the story behind them.

That clears things up, I wear a suit every day so couldn't imagine 'never' cleaning it. Plus at $1200-1500 a piece I want to get as much life out of each one as possible.

nevertheless, the next time i put one on, i'll have this image in my head of 10 screaming polecats tied together.

i'm gonna be smelling everything for a week at least.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast