Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

How to get rid of Ghosts?

Article about: Sorry that I found this blog a little late.I bought a suitcase that contained some WW 2 items from a estate sale last spring.Inside I found 6 gold teeth.While looking through the suitcase I

Default Re: How to get rid of Ghosts?

Ammoboot, you are seeing my point! certain places give you a vibe of something not quite right. Animals are better than humans at picking these things up. These dark forces will not hurt you but it effects your mental wellbeing. Its not good for anybody in any situation to be in a place were there is negative energy. I know one collector who bought a ground dug para helmet. He got rid of it because he never had one good nights sleep since he bought it.

You see Tim......people are getting the jist of what I'm trying to say. Picking up the negative vibes of people or places that brings me back to the point off getting these vibes of military items....the point is yes, but you have to be open to it. The vibe i'm getting of you Tim is that you are subtlely trying to dissagree and as the same time wind me up. This agreeing to dissagree point you make. I cannot see how you do not see what i'm trying to say. You may not agree with all what i'm saying but others see the point a little. What says you?

Mike

Hi Mike

You have raised some interesting points. Did not mean to wind You up. Certainly not my intent. Apologies to you for that. Very interesting to know it is items from the DAK that have made you think deeply about this, I have spent much time studing the North African campaign which is my fav of WWII. Can You post photos of these items ?
    There is more to this than just a quick thoughtless reply....will get back to You but its very late here.

Tried to send You a pm but your box is full.

cheers
    Tim

Great thread, any more ghost stories anyone, or past Xmas related ?

Quote by Top Buzzer View Post
    Hello Guys,

We are beginning to see the point in this but we now need to link it together to get the point I am trying to make.

Davejb,my father was in CID for 25 years. You seem like a hardened officer with a lot of experience. Have you walked into a crime scene and "Get the vibe" that something really bad has happened here? Think about this! have any off you met someone and noticed something did not ring true about he or she while everybody else thinks they are brilliant? only later to discover they were up to no good and your suspicions were proved right? My point! some people have the mind set to get this vibe before other people do. That guy you are talking about with the marble eyes, some people will meet him and think he is ok. What do you think of this dave? I have a friend for 10 years. Stayed in my house with my family and I went out drinking with him and meals with his girlfriend and my wife. Could not meet a nicer guy. He went down to London to visit his father. Went out and drank two bottles of wine. On his way home an 18 year old walking home aparently brushed into him. He then put his bags down beat the guy up and threw him in front of a bus. Unprovoked and the guy was half his age. It was my mates first offence. He says he was in a bad mood and he thought the guy brushed past him....all caught on CCTV camera. He was given a four year sentence for a first offence.He is not evil. The young guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time and my friend had drank too much and had something on his mind. He was done with GBH with intent and the police said they welcomed the sentence. If you were to meet this guy you would would thing he was really decent.

I watch these programes on Sky tv, most evil, and its a guy that interviews men in jail who have commited horrendous crimes. Look at Fred and Rose west. Supposing you lived in their house as a lodger before the crimes came out. You must be able to get some vibes of that house and the two of them.

Think about jobs you men have worked in....have you ever had a vibe that management were upto something then days later people are moved or payed off? I am trying to link this to certain items in my collection. If you have a wound badge that was kept in an ex soldiers box in Germany then no vibe. I was given an Iron Cross 1st Class and a silver wound badge that came of a tank driver in Africa. The old guy told me his mate took the Tank battle badge and his wristwatch and he took those two badges. Only certain items carry this vibe. These is an old road in the country I drive down at night and I always get the feeling i'm being watched. I later found out it was the road they transported the dead people from the black death along via horse and cart.

I don't know if you Tim have ever been involved in any conflict,or anyone else, and you have had a bad feeling about they whole thing prior to it. Do you see the point i'm trying to make? you hold certain items in your collection and wish it could talk. I do believe that the human mind can pick up negative and positive vibes but you have to have the right mind set to recieve them.

What says you guys? Do you think this is all BS? I will not take offence.

Thankyou

Mike
    I think you have got it bang on there Mike and you have put things into their rightfull context. I do think some people are receptive whilst others can try as hard as they like and not be. Imaginations can run wild in certain places and while handling certain objects that have been associated with violence and death, but some do have a genuine sixth sense even before they are even aware of a particular place or items history. For example back in 1997 i bought some parts of a German Dornier 217E-4 which had been shot down over Westerham kent in 1943. Naturally i researched it and found the crews names. Now one crew members name stood out from the others, was constantly on my mind and i was puzzled as to why. After a year of hard research i discovered that on the morning he as shot down and killed his wife was giving birth to a baby. The baby wa a girl named Ingeborg. A short period after i made contact with Ingeborg who explained she knew very little of her fathers last hours and was gratefull i was able to tell her what had happened. She came to England with a German War Graves Commision group to meet me and i was able to take her to see her fathers grave for the first time. Now, she was one hell of a nice lady and a mother of two. When she first set eyes on the small grave containing her father Gefreiter Willi Schafer and his three comrades remains she leant down and touched the stone and cried. I felt awfull and felt maybe i should not have done this, but through her interpreter she explained what a beautiful place England is and she can rest now knowing her father is in such a peacefull beautiful place at Cannock England. Before we parted for home she presented me with gifts for my two children and promised to keep in touch. I then told her i think that this is what her father Willi had wanted-maybe that was why his name was allways on my mind, now i have researched countless other crashes and had no big connections with any names. In Willis case he lost his life never seeing the daughter born around the time his aircraft was brought down over England, a young man who should have lived his life but was unable because of the war. I like to think that maybe he looks out for me now and then as the next military show i went to at Stoneleigh i went with two particular things i wanted in mind. Now again weird-but on the first dealer table through the door-there were the two items i had wanted both together on the dealers table and at a more than affordable price. That gobsmacked me, i paid the guy for the items and under my breath i said ''thanks Willi". Best Regards.

Tim....we are all ears! tell us your story off Christmas. The one in which you were visited by three ghosts. You are the forums original Mr Scrooge! lol

I will give you the story behind the Silver wound badge and the Iron Cross 1st class. As a 16 year old apprentice my journeyman was asking me about my hobbies. He paused and said "I have a couple of badges that have been in my drawer for years" he did not know what they are as he tried to describe them. He said one is a badge with a German Helmet on and the other is a black cross the badge the Germans wore on the neck! At first it I thought I was getting a Knights Cross!. He brought them in and he just gave them to me but I couldn't take them for nothing so I gave him £80 and he just stuffed it into his pocket. I then wanted the history! He said him and his mate came across a knocked out tank in the desert and they took the items. It was funny how he described it. He said the guy was just lying there and he felt sorry for him! he said "I took two of the badges and you sould of seen this beautiful watch my mate got". The wound badge is an early one but for some reason the pin is turned around,back to front....why? so the pin is not springy. All complete and you can see honest tarnishing were the medal loops rubbed it. As for the cross! an an inexperience collector I thought the cross was damaged and could not figure out why until I realised it was hand vaulted years later. I will post it on here tomorrow. I love items with history. After I post these then other members should post their items with history....see if we can get the vibe of them lol

Hope your all having a good weekend. We are having a blizzard in Scotland just now!

Thanks

Mike

Falschirmjager....What a brilliant story!!!! I love this kind of thing. You will know yourself that, as a little girl, she would of asked about her father and she would of spoke to her mother and family and no one would know what happend. You see, I am a deep thinker and your story put a shiver down my spine, big time. No one knows whats on the other side but let me tell you, there will me no negative vibes from the items related to Willi. You need to try and get a copy of a photograph of him from the family. His wife being pregnant at the time would have been on his mind before he died. Part of you will feel he is with you in the fact you brought closure to this...what was the odds of this happening when I collector takes the time to contact family members.

I will go one step further! I bet when you walk into your collecting room I bet you feel him there in spirit, call it imagination and you wouldn't go broadcasting the fact but you will feel it was something that drew you together.

Brilliant post! Thanks

Mike

Talking about getting a vibe when I handle militaria. It doesn't help me when I have bought loads of high end fakes over the years! lol

?

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    If there were such things as UFO's we would all be told too no doubt! There was a guy a few years ago who owned a museum in Germany. There was a fragment of bomb which no matter where it was left it would allways leave a 'burn' mark. It was examined and nobody in the scientific world could find any answer. The 'experts' put it down to a confirmed case of what is known as 'residual haunting' where either a particular item or place relives a certain event. Intriguing to say the least and there are many strange things in this world we have no understanding or explanation for. The sceptics will always strive to find a rational explanation but clearly there are unique cases where an explanation cannot be found. I just find it all fascinating and maybe some day we will know the truth behind the 'unknown' objects like the one flying at Mach 10!!!! that a US Airforce fighter pilot in an F15 attempted to intercept a few years ago and was dancing all over the USAF radar screens at impossible angles-was it alien or human? The fighter pilot was sure that an object moving the way it was was 'intelligently' directed as he put it.
    i agree about the strange things that have happened, is it luck, coincidence, fate, who knows, the case about the bomb crashing through the roof of the Mosta Rotunda in Malta, hitting the altar, skidding all the way down the aisle and the church was packed at the time, when the bomb was being defused they couldnt find any reason why the bomb didnt go off, there was nothing wrong that they could see, the fuse was intact and later tested and it worked first time, the bomb is still there as a reminder as to the "miracle" that day

Quote by Top Buzzer View Post
    Falschirmjager....What a brilliant story!!!! I love this kind of thing. You will know yourself that, as a little girl, she would of asked about her father and she would of spoke to her mother and family and no one would know what happend. You see, I am a deep thinker and your story put a shiver down my spine, big time. No one knows whats on the other side but let me tell you, there will me no negative vibes from the items related to Willi. You need to try and get a copy of a photograph of him from the family. His wife being pregnant at the time would have been on his mind before he died. Part of you will feel he is with you in the fact you brought closure to this...what was the odds of this happening when I collector takes the time to contact family members.

I will go one step further! I bet when you walk into your collecting room I bet you feel him there in spirit, call it imagination and you wouldn't go broadcasting the fact but you will feel it was something that drew you together.

Brilliant post! Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike and thanks very much for your kind response. My story concerning Willi Schafer and his daughter Ingeborg was featured in The Armourer Magazine back in 1997. The article included photos of Willi with the other three crew killed with him in Dornier 217E-4 Werk No,5591 Coded U5+MR of 7/KG2. The night and early hours of 17/18th January 1943 were busy for this Staffel who had to fly a double raid on London. Gefreiter Willi Schafer was flight engineer and ventral gunner onboard the aircraft and they had completed the first raid unscathed. They had a brief rest where Willi was able to phone to a neighbour who informed him of his wifes progress as she had started to go into labour. It was also the day before his 22nd birthday and he was looking forward to a double celebration once the second flight was out of the way. It was while the Dornier flown by Unteroffizier Joachim Schnabel was en-route to London on the 2nd raid that a Beaufighter piloted by Wing Commander Cathcart Wight Boycott and his radar op Flying Officer Evatt Anthony Sanders picked up their Dornier on the A.I set. The Beaufighter closed in and got a visual before backing off and then opening fire with four 20mm cannon and six .303 machine guns. The Dornier exploded into flame and plummeted earthwards crashing up behind Pilgrims House at Westerham Kent at 4,30am 18th Jan 43. The Dornier had a full bomb load and was completely destroyed. Few remains of the crew were found and these were buried to the side of the crater in three small graves. After the war they were reburied at Greatness Park Cemetery Sevenoaks before finak repatriation at the German War Cemetery at Cannock Chase. The youngest crew member was 18 year old Gefreiter Erich Raab-just a boy really. The oldest member was Uffz Richard Hartenberger. Ingeborg revealed how after the war her mother found life in post war Germany incredibly hard and never got over Willi's death. Willi's parents suffered equal misery at the loss of their only son. It was a very rewarding experience in so many ways and i will find out the photographs and post them up. Forgot to mention had little bit of similar experience while researching a German ME109E-4 pilot named Gefreiter Richard Riedel killed aged 21 as his 109 dived into the ground while attacking Spitfires in November 1940. He was killed at 3.30pm on that particular day-now on the anniversary after i began work to find photos of him at 3.30am in the early hours our smoke alarms starting going off. No smoke from either in the house or outside chimneys or bonfires and batteries were brand new ones. The alarms went off a number of times and each time i got up changed new batteries and reset them. Went back to bed and they went off again!! In the event my ex partner said ''You had better go and see what your friend Richard wants"! So i got up reset the alarms and said outloud-''Its ok my friend i know what you want me to do and im working on it but i got to get some sleep for work so must say goodnight my friend". After that no more alarms going off. In the event i found possible cause of what led Richards 109 to crash without apparent reason and wrote a two part special for The Armourer Magazine and recieved photos from his sister. At first she did not want to help but when she read a proof of my work sent to her by the German War Greaves Commission at Kassel she changed her mind. When i first saw Richard i thought ''what a terrible waste'' as he was a very smart, good looking young man. Again i could sort out the photos and post them up in due course. Thanks for the interest as although i no longer have the parts from these crashed aircraft i have that special bond and have helped make people aware of them in the magazine work. I sent copies to the IWM, The Bundesarchiv and German and Commonwealth War Graves Commissions, so if anyone wants info on them in future they wont have to spend months trying to track down all the data and photographs-i love this part of the hobby more than anything else. I like to think im a decent person who will help anyone if i can and i really dont like to see anyone down on their luck and maybe that outlook helps a little. Best Regards, Tim Heath.

Hi Mike

i have been called much worse, thanks. Really enjoy this time of year. No Xmas story here though. Can spot a thief just from their manner (not talking about you, to be clear, you seem like a decent guy). Perceptive, yes. Perhaps You can not agree to disagree, no matter.

You asked if i have been in a conflict or two ? The answer is yes, have been shot in the back and shot someone too...been arrested for trespassing and shooting, all before I was 18. Grew up in a rough part of the East Hood. But thats all behind me now by many years. Later joined the Marines and after spent four years at Stanford.

Karma and fate are concepts i can understand. I tend to take a more scientific approach to these matters. Which means physical evidence is needed before proven as fact.

It is great when a collector can help a family that has lost a loved one in a War, and the research is the most rewarding. Here is a photo you might enjoy picking up vibes from

The perception of reality is often more important than the actual reality.

Merry Xmas
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tim OKeefe; 12-20-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Very nice tunic Tim....not getting any vibes from this one, any history?

I would pay extra for an item with history as to me it makes all the difference knowing the person behind it. Klaus Butshek is great at finding items direct from the family with history. Thats what I like about documents with photographs....you look at the picture and wonder what happened to the person and did they survive the war. Is there any way just by having the name on a Kennkarte that you can trace a person?

This evening I am going to post some items with a known history. Just for you guys so you know exactly were the item comes from. Its basic history and not this "found at Hilters bunker" rubbish.

Last thing, I bought a dog tag from a Russian digger. Its an SS with the two holes in it.Is it possible to find out what happend to the man and how do I go about it?

Watch this space later!

Regards

Mike

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast