Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How Hitler invaded Christmas!

Article about: Another trawl through the tabloids this morning brought this one to light, a Christmas related Hitler story! Exhibition displays Third Reich Christmas decorations in Ulm Museum.

?

Default How Hitler invaded Christmas!

Another trawl through the tabloids this morning brought this one to light, a Christmas related Hitler story!

Exhibition displays Third Reich Christmas decorations in Ulm Museum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Familly reunion at Christmas is at our place thise year (again!); my father would not survive a Christmas tree like that!!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Trying to keep up with the neighbours here in Bishops Wood, I decided to get the Christmas lights up early this weekend. Unfortunately my inability to scale a ladder these days led to me quickly losing interest in the idea.....

imagesCABSENB7.jpg
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Haha!

The forum's own Ebigneder Scrooge!

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The tree decorations are quite the site, as I'm sure they're extremely fragile, much like the ones we use today. Glad they've some how survived history.

I would pay good money for those decorations.

Hitlers head hanging from a tree! Now there's a thought that would have cheered up many a household at this time of year. Leon.

?

if you head to the Third Reich section and look in the Art-Decor-Exotica sub forum, type 'Christmas' into the search box for that forum, you will see quite a few examples of TR Christmas decorations that members have posted.

?

The epitome of 'tacky.'
    But hardly surprising that both regimes would go there too.
    After all, they would make it their mission to permeate every level in their respective soceities.
    As been mentioned, amazing that the political TR baubles survived in what must have been a mad scramble to distance ones family from the regime in '45.
    .......now a 'Big Bertha' ornament, I can understand! (might not go well with SWMBO though)!