Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

How old are we / where do we all live?

Article about: Hi, I'm George and I live in Mississauga (aka Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada. Married, 35 years old with 2 kids - boy and girl.

Default How old are we / where do we all live?

Has anyone done or has anyone the ability to do a filtering of members to see our demographics and location spread throughout the world? I know the forum is weighted heavily in the northern hemisphere but it might be nice to see how we are spread out!

One of the EXTREMELY frustrating things about Australia and New Zealand is the tyranny of distance to the main collection sources. We regularly take risks and sometimes win, other times lose just because we cannot go to veterans yard sales, estate clearances, attics, recycling centres, boot sales, junk stores etc... that will yield anything good and are forced into military shows where much of the same old tat is wheeled out and at inflated prices - or where it is sold before the opening - and when we do find something OS, we know we will have to add a substantial amount for shipping, tracking, insurance etc....

mini rant over, back to the question .... is it possible?
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: How old are we / where do we all live?

hi dan,I am 70 and live in outer london & somtimes long stay in polis cyprus.

I'm Darin, I live in the United States, in Southern California, in the Northern part of San Diego County. 43 years of age, and work as a Public Drinking Water System Operator.

Hi Dan, i lve in a dump called Warrington in England, i'm 52.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 11-30-2012 at 02:19 PM.

?

Hello im Ryan, and am 15 and live in northern illinois. I currently am in 9th grade aka Freshman in high school.
    Ryan

I am Ben, I live in La Crosse, WI, USA. I'm 26. Currently I am in school for Management Information Systems but I am a prior service US Army Medic with time in Iraq.

?

Feeling ya mate...as bad as it sounds the risks can be nerve racking but almost always worth it for me..until I get nailed...yikes
    Last edited by Torch; 11-30-2012 at 05:39 AM.

?

I'm old enough to know better, but still young enough to do it anyway...

As for location, I best look out of the window, because I move around that much I can barely keep track!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. In all seriousness though, it would be interesting to see the stats. And with regards to being far from the collecting hub, that is something that must at times, be very difficult for you guys in Australia and New Zealand...we Euros and North Americans are fortunate in that respect that's for sure.

?

I'm 40 in lovely Coogee....Sydney.....and yes I regularly cn be found waiting on a parcel from Europe nervously!!!

I just recieved one today with copies of "Das Scwartzkorps" and "Der Sturmer"

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I'm 40 in lovely Coogee....Sydney.....and yes I regularly cn be found waiting on a parcel from Europe nervously!!!

I just recieved one today with copies of "Das Scwartzkorps" and "Der Sturmer"
    As a prior serviceman also with PTSD, your quote in your signature is perfect.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast