Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

How old were you when you started collecting?

Article about: by PHILBROWN like to hear more about the story with the bmw in afrika stuka,,, I spend most of my youth in equatorial Africa from the east to the west coast. In Kinshasa my parents knew a Du

Default Re: How old were you when you started collecting?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    like to hear more about the story with the bmw in afrika stuka,,,
    I spend most of my youth in equatorial Africa from the east to the west coast.
    In Kinshasa my parents knew a Dutch guy who got a BMW from the German who fled the war when in the Afrikakorps, along with others in different vehicules they tried to get to South Afrika.
    But thise one stopt in the Kivu and bekame monk (brother Max)in a Belgian monastry, that is where the Dutch guy came to know him and got the bike.
    And he took me often for a ride.

Exactly 3mk, that's why my dad got me an AK-47 bayonet as a stocking-filler for christmas! It was this year's must-have, obviously. haha

Seriously though, I'd take a 'useless expensive artifact' any day over something practical!

First item was a British fire extinguisher off an army jeep from my Grandad, I was around 12... But Ronnie got me into third reich a few years back and introduced me to the forum so technically... 27
    Dan

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    First item was a British fire extinguisher off an army jeep from my Grandad, I was around 12... But Ronnie got me into third reich a few years back and introduced me to the forum so technically... 27
    Dan
    My first item was a Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal that I got at my first military show.

?

Age 20 I found a photo of my Civil War great uncle, he was at the peach orchard , Gettysburg, Pa. U.S.A. I went there where he was in the battle, he died 1903, I bought a Cavalry SWORD in 1957.. since then I found his grave and a letter he sent home

dunno, its probably since I was around 10 years old, but it got more serious when I was about 12 when I started research and proper collecting other than just buying every peice of militaria I could find.

I was aged 9 when my dad brought me back a copy what look's like an ss/ sa dagger which i still have now, i was always picking bit's of medals and badges but new nothing about them, but now i just love a decent TR dagger
    cheer's Ronnie

I was about 10 when I started going to militaria fairs and buying bits and bobs of things and stopped when I was about 21/22but found this site and love it all.Oh those wasted 20 years
    Heres a couple of pictures to show how prices have changed in 20 years.Read and weep.MP44 £325,MP40 £395 and how about a MG34 for £295.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, they really don't lie about these things being solid investments... I'm 17 and I've spent a lot already on my weapons collection, this reassures me further that it's most definitely worth it. I own 3 deactivated guns, all on the cheaper end of the spectrum, yet none were by any means cheap for me... I guess this can now be my counter-argument for those who give me that look as if I'm insane and ask "why..?"

yeah, most things are an investment, people said I was crazy when I spent £250.00 on 190 Avon S10 Respirators, until I sold every one of them for £20.00 including a filter and bag. I made a fortune, and proved my parents wrong! The cash is going towards a car, hopefully a landrover =]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast