Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to ship and ensure High Value items from the UK?

Article about: Could anyone give me some advice please on what options are available for shipping and ensuring a small high value item (about £7000) from and within the UK? Cheers, Torsten.

Question How to ship and ensure High Value items from the UK?

Could anyone give me some advice please on what options are available for shipping and ensuring a small high value item (about £7000) from and within the UK?

Cheers, Torsten.

Default Re: How to ship and ensure High Value items from the UK?

Torsten...for that high value, I would use a courier firm...Royal Mail compansation only goes upto £2500 (even special next day delivery).....or for that value, I would personally pick it up..the U.K. is not that big !
    Prost ! Steve.

High Steve, yes I had checked through the Parcelforce and Royal Mail websites and both only go up to £2500 compensation. It is for me sending something ... if the buyer will be in the UK then I would hope that he would come and collect it, but otherwise, I will need to figure out how to go about insured shipping ... will try and contact couriers when I get back home at the weekend. Cheers, Torsten.

?

I agree with Steve. If I was in the U.K. and buying something for that amount of money I would definitely be picking it up. If I could afford 7k I could probably stretch to a train fare or petrol money on top.
    Try FedEx or UPS for some quotes.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Just noticed that I was not terribly clear in my original question, but I meant insured shipping within the UK and to abroad ... so far no luck in finding an option, but I will contact the couriers at the weekend and see what they come up with. Surely, there must be a service available with high value insurance. Cheers, Torsten.

Don't try FedEx, some funny stuff goes on in their system..... Last year I bought several deacts from the same source, and upon reaching me the box had been mysteriously burst completely open and the foam wrapped round the deacts was gone too. Personally I wouldnt trust them with anything of high value because of that experience, I've heard a few other stories too about them inspecting packages and not packing them back up correctly.

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Don't try FedEx, some funny stuff goes on in their system..... Last year I bought several deacts from the same source, and upon reaching me the box had been mysteriously burst completely open and the foam wrapped round the deacts was gone too. Personally I wouldnt trust them with anything of high value because of that experience, I've heard a few other stories too about them inspecting packages and not packing them back up correctly.

Thanks

Danny
    thats happened with me too i brought my mg34 and found it had been opened and a lot of the packaging had gone as well as most of the boster cone sticking out the end of the box

tom

I have been told that DHL is worth considering. Does anyone have experience 'good or bad' for shipping high value items with DHL from the UK? Cheers, Torsten.

When i order from all my conections in Europe they all use DHL. Funny thing.
    Never had a probelm with shiping. insure i dontt know

I shipped the item I had using next day special delivery within the UK and there was no problem. The buyer has got it and is very happy. Cheers, Torsten.