Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

Article about: Here is the story in short(!); someone shows up on the forum (a newcomer!) in order to have a item identyfied. After that was done he is offering it for sale. Both are living on different co

Default Re: How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

It' s because you are in awards and not in to helmets; you are saying that!! ;-)
    (lol!!)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

Personally, I hate buying outside of my local area, with the exception of a few dealers and a few members such as Nick (Woolgar) and Andy (Kradspam). I think it is natural to always have that nagging sense of suspicion when making a long distance purchase. That sliver of doubt that you might get screwed this time. I also think its knowing that once you send the money, you're probably not getting it back. It's a tough call to make especially on an item you really want. I wish you luck Kris.

Kris, you need to think about this matter AS IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAD POSTED THIS THREAD AND WHAT WOULD YOUR ADVICE BE IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES?

I think you would advise them to walk away and forget it. Remember if its too good to be true, then its probably not true.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

When in doubt walk away!...

?

Just for the record, the seller has responded to me with an explanation and I have passed his message on to Kris.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Just for the record, the seller has responded to me with an explanation and I have passed his message on to Kris.
    Hoping it was good news, for Kris's sake!

Quote by stuka f View Post
    It' s because you are in awards and not in to helmets; you are saying that!! ;-)
    (lol!!)
    |<
    Wrong. What's the difference....?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Wrong. What's the difference....?
    There in none!! Just a silly joke I tryed to make!!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    So after reading 4 pages of this thread, Does this story have a Happy Ending????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Lets say, no money was lost, no scam, there will simply be no deal.
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast