Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Humidity and members collections ...

Article about: Hello all I have beed advised too increase the humidity I'n my room as the start of treatment for a respiratory infection in one of my animals but wondered wether or not this would effect my

?

Default Humidity and members collections ...

Hello all

I have beed advised too increase the humidity I'n my room as the start of treatment for a respiratory infection in one of my animals but wondered wether or not this would effect my collection ? I collect medals guns and documents

Do any other members have any concerns with humidity and there collections ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Default Re: Humidity and members collections ...

I can't comment on the medals or documents, but if you keep the guns regularly cleaned and lubricated they should do just fine at room temp with the extra humidity. Worse comes to worst you might have to invest in a cheap gun safe(or locker) and get one of those little gel packets to throw in the bottom.

Hi Alex, it all depends on the level of the humidity? But keeping the guns cleaned and oiled and they will be fine.

I would keep the medals and documents in Riker mounts and with a silica bag as suggested and they will be OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi

Thank you for the advise The humidity I'n the room needs to be at about 60-70 percent for a few weeks ...

Thanks again ...

That is pretty high.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Where I live 60-70% is normal humidity, and I don't see much of an effect on any coins or anything.
    Some stuff I have cleaned with a greasy rag however, just in case. I came across a WWII M-1 (Which the owner didn't want to part with, shame.) shell that's been here for 20 years, and it didn't seem any worse off, light rust in some areas.
    Just watch out for mould, that's a bit of a problem at times.

Nitram