Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hurricane Sandy

Article about: Good luck to you East Coast guys-this one looks like a Bad 'un, for sure. It's going to be worse than the '38 hurricane that actually blew railroad trains off their tracks. They're even tell

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Good luck to you East Coast guys-this one looks like a Bad 'un, for sure. It's going to be worse than the '38 hurricane that actually blew railroad trains off their tracks. They're even telling us the Great Lakes over here are going to be getting hit bad too. A Hell of a Trick Or Treat This year, hey? Talk about a Happy Halloween!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Having fun, Larry?!

I'm out working in it right now and it's a mess. But i Still got my phone connected to the forum at least until the cell towers go down

We are sarting to get flooding inland via rivers and creeks. The power lines are beginning to come down now with the trees. My wife says even the barn cats are trying to get in the house, with much protest from our puppy. The cats might find a home in the basement if and when I get home. Bathtub is full of water just Incase the power dies. Having a well is not much fun in these circumstances.

This morning ocean city md lost its fishing pier. Water is covering the island from both sides. Oceanside and bayside. My aunt and uncles are holed up in their house there riding it out.

For those of you in the Maryland, DC Pennsylvania and New York areas, stay in your houses. Please, don't make us road crews and first responders have to take unnecessary risks to save you after you drive into standing water, get swept into a river or a tree falls on you while driving. We certainly have enough to keep us busy without all that!

God bless and stay safe!

Not a good time but told u lol. Not to make things better but look at this picture of the statue of liberty!

26619_550133165001861_1187638102_n.jpg

I live on the coast of North Carolina, about 3 minutes from the beach. Sandy swept around us Sunday around 5 AM. It was really windy and wet, so I didn't notice much difference from normal Wilmington weather. I'm sure it will be much worse up north when it hits actual land.

?

Larry be safe here in up state ny we are just getting strong winds no rain yet

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Larry be safe here in up state ny we are just getting strong winds no rain yet
    For NJ, light rain to hard rain on and off where I am

?

Did you guys see that the HMS Bounty sank today because of sandy I believe 2 of the crew are missing .

Take care! Good luck to all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Update as the hurricane is a category 1 the higher in sky the higher the category,, which means a category 2-3 threat to high rise buildings in Atlantic city. in Philadelphia the wind will create a vacumm effect inside the high rise buildings making them unstable. On the news power grids are lighting up like christmas trees saying that there are powerissues from fallen trees and poles. Thats here in Philadelphia and the storm has not yet made landfall which Philadelphia is 60 miles from the east coast. Landfall is expected to be in less than an hour. Thank you for your thoughts gents. Nice picture Kyle of the statue of liberty,, which is not in the middle of the ocean
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Push through guys

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast