Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hurricane Sandy

Article about: Good luck to you East Coast guys-this one looks like a Bad 'un, for sure. It's going to be worse than the '38 hurricane that actually blew railroad trains off their tracks. They're even tell

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Good luck guys. Us Texas boys are well aware of what hurricanes can do!!

Coming in late on this but positive vibes heading your way from the east coast of Australia!
    Take care, see you on the flip side ( maybe not smiling but safe )
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

8pm here in the poconos and so far the storm has been a dud for us, there is alot of wind right now but barely any rain, most of it tracked south, we still have power but the cable went out so no tv or internet, im posting this from my phone, I hope everyone is ok, even though the media hyped this storm like a catagory 5 instead of a 1 it can still be nasty for some. I love the live beach shots after they tell you how dangerous it is and all you see is people standing outside taking pictures lol. Stay safe all.

In this area we still have High winds,, but the rain has stopped,,, or at least for now. All the bridges are closed that cross the Delaware river into Philadelphia due to the winds being more than 50mph..also parts of interstate 95 are closed. Amazingly thank God we still have power......but no beer which I didnt prepare for. We received rain,, but not a torrential rain. As of right now from what I can see is the eye of the storm is on top of us. Fortunately it has not been that bad. The second half has not begun yet. I wish everyone else well,, who is feeling the effects of this storm.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry and all of you east coast friends, PLEASE stay SAFE! Prayers and well-wishes to you!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Prayers are on the way. God watch over u all.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    In this area we still have High winds,, but the rain has stopped,,, or at least for now. All the bridges are closed that cross the Delaware river into Philadelphia due to the winds being more than 50mph..also parts of interstate 95 are closed. Amazingly thank God we still have power......but no beer which I didnt prepare for. We received rain,, but not a torrential rain. As of right now from what I can see is the eye of the storm is on top of us. Fortunately it has not been that bad. The second half has not begun yet. I wish everyone else well,, who is feeling the effects of this storm.
    Larry, I know from bitter experience having been through numerous cyclones that if you are under the eye then it is not over yet for you. What often happens is that the winds loosen everything up as they come through because they are travelling in the same direction but after the eye passes over you, the winds travel in the exact opposite direction which is when the real damage can often occur.

As far as no beer, very poor preparations my friend! Here in Western Australia people have what is called cyclone celebrations, that is where you have a bunch of mates meet in the one house to ride out the cyclone and you drink beers and watch cars flying through the air etc.... I worked on the most cyclone prone coast in the world, between Exmouth and Broome here in W.A. for 8 years as a tour guide, I saw some amazing stuff. When this is over and we know you are all safe and well I'll tell you some funny stories, in the mean time, be careful, stay safe and keep praying. Good luck Gents.

Prayers sent to ALL in the path of destruction..
    I hope ALL are safe..

Prayers need to go to Manhatten New York as that a good part of that island has plunged into darkness and that is a problem in itself which gives birth to a higher crime rate and looting. Virginia has gotten slammed with 2 ft of snow in some areas. I am hopeful all that have posted replies that are in this storm through out the area to keep posting if possible ,, letting us know you are all ok! Special thanks to all the well wishers also,, your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
    The second half here is beginning and gracefully there have been no problems locally.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

you guys back east stay safe and keep your heads low!

beaming prayers out to all of you now like a laser.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast