Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hurricane Sandy

Article about: Good luck to you East Coast guys-this one looks like a Bad 'un, for sure. It's going to be worse than the '38 hurricane that actually blew railroad trains off their tracks. They're even tell

?

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

From me personally to all the members and friends who have to endure this force of nature, keep your yourselves and your families safe, this is one thing we dont get here and we thank our lucky stars we dont, my thoughts are with all you guys, stay safe and be careful
    thinking of you all
    Dave

Wow, thats a massive F*ing storm there guys. My family in Maryland last reported still had power and winds were picking up. Time to tighten those chinstraps and hunker down in the foxholes til the shelling stops. Gods prayers to all. Stay safe and bless all the service and emergency crews putting themselves bravely at risk out there.
    s-HURRICANE-SANDY-TIME-LAPSE-NASA-large.jpgimages.jpg

A friend of mine made this today. hahah
    Attached Images Attached Images

Morning Gents ,,, I woke up to quiet skys and a little wind. We still have power in this part of the region and thank God for that. Many are without power due to downed trees and flooding. In NJ 1 million are without power including my dad but he is well. I will begin to venture out this morning to see how far I can go to get to my father as his area is a wooded surburban area. I wish all the best for all those who endured this storm and especially our members and their relatives that live in multi states affected by the storm . Any member here who happens to live near another member in this affected area ,,,try to contact them to see if they are well. I will call a few that I know providing their telephone lines are not down.
    All the best and prayers to all the members of the WRF, and thank you for YOUR prayers and thoughts for our members in this region.............I also have to make up for yesterday and get some beer somewhere Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great news that it's over Larry and while bad, not as devastating as it could have been ( trying to look on the +ve side )
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Last I heard on news had death toll at 13. Sad for those victims and their loved ones. Hope there's not more.

We got A LOT of water here at the college... One of the downsides of being on the Hudson River.

IMG950404.jpg

?

Have been watching the international news .. on and off through last night and today at daybreak.
    Thankfully the loss of life has been limited.

Something HAS been learnt from Katrina.

Keep safe .. the worst has passed.

Thanks to most people behaving themselves, I was able to make it home in one piece. My house was spared any damage. A few tree limbs down. The barn cats survived so they can continue their mouse hunting activities. My neighbor lost a sizable tree but thankfully it did not hit any lines or anyone. Prayers go out to those hit much harder than we were. God bless and keep your head above water.

?

Good luck overthere guys!

Kris.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast