Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am Going to see the "new" Stalingrad film this afternoon

Article about: Has anyone seen the new 3d film Stalingrad, not the one made 10 years ago that I thought was Great!!! It is playing at the 3d imax theater near me for a couple of days, so I am going to see

?

Default I am Going to see the "new" Stalingrad film this afternoon

Has anyone seen the new 3d film Stalingrad, not the one made 10 years ago that I thought was Great!!!
    It is playing at the 3d imax theater near me for a couple of days, so I am going to see it this afternoon, I understand it was the largest grossing film in Russia last year.

By the way, does the statue of the children and crocodile still exsist? I would love to see a photo of it if it does.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by CampX View Post
    Has anyone seen the new 3d film Stalingrad, not the one made 10 years ago that I thought was Great!!!
    It is playing at the 3d imax theater near me for a couple of days, so I am going to see it this afternoon, I understand it was the largest grossing film in Russia last year.

By the way, does the statue of the children and crocodile still exsist? I would love to see a photo of it if it does.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Fountain symbolic of Stalingrad battle restored for 70th anniversary ? RT News

It's been restored!....

In my opinion that movie was horrible and a huge let down, it was really hard to watch and I didn't even finish it. It was just way too commercial and effects based, also the story was bland.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    In my opinion that movie was horrible and a huge let down, it was really hard to watch and I didn't even finish it. It was just way too commercial and effects based, also the story was bland.
    Don't shoot the messenger!.....

?

Thank you, some great links on that site!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

All is calm here Gunny . I always enjoy seeing work put into uniforms and other regalia in war movies tho.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    All is calm here Gunny . I always enjoy seeing work put into uniforms and other regalia in war movies tho.
    Only joking with you Aleksander!...

Good to know Gunny .

As an action movie I found it very entertaining - not sure if you've seen the trailer but the part where the petrol soaked flaming Russians charge and defeat the German machine gunners after crossing the Volga is quite something haha! There's a few more cringe worthy bits of action including perfectly aimed deflected AT shells and even some soldiers running around with Bolt-less Mosins. Aside from this though, it makes for an entertaining watch. It's fairly similar to 300 and its portrayal of the Spartans if you've seen that film?

Historically speaking it's pretty unbalanced, it captures the Soviets as heroic and very tactically cunning, and of course I'm not saying this wasn't the case, its only that the Germans on the opposing side all seem to be portrayed as pretty backwards and incompetent. That and the unnecessary love stories running throughout kind of distract from the focus.

Don't just take my word for it though. I'd say everyone should see it at least once and make up their own mind! And despite all its downsides, I'm definitely glad I watched it.

Tom

I am going to see it when it is shown around here.

Thanks for the review.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast