Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am Going to see the "new" Stalingrad film this afternoon

Article about: Has anyone seen the new 3d film Stalingrad, not the one made 10 years ago that I thought was Great!!! It is playing at the 3d imax theater near me for a couple of days, so I am going to see

?

Reports from my Russian friends are that it is very disappointing despite all the hype it has had , a Russian " Enemy at the gates " !! Hope it isn't that bad !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Reports from my Russian friends are that it is very disappointing despite all the hype it has had , a Russian " Enemy at the gates " !! Hope it isn't that bad !!
    I have to say, that it is a lot like "Enema at the Gates" Paul.

Another news, Finns and Estonians are doing a movie about the Battle of Narva . It read, that it focuses on Estonians serving on both sides: Germans and the Red Army. I'm really eager to see that one. Have you heard of this Paul?

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post

Another news, Finns and Estonians are doing a movie about the Battle of Narva . It read, that it focuses on Estonians serving on both sides: Germans and the Red Army. I'm really eager to see that one. Have you heard of this Paul?
    Have heard it was being discussed Aleksander but only the Artillery of the 8th Estonian Rifle Corps of the Red Army was used in direct combat at Narva the remainder of the Corps was in reserve , the real Estonian v Estonian Battle took place in South east estonia around Tartu at Porkuni and Avinurme on 21/9/44 when units of the Estonian SS Division and the 249th Estonian Rifle Divison of the Red Army fought each other , around 400 men were killed and 700 wounded , most of them on the German side !! So not sure how a Narva film could be based on Estonian v Estonian !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Aleksander P View Post

Oh good! I enjoyed Enemy At The Gates! I think I will go and see it now

I just thought it would all be over the top CGI

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It is pretty effects based and with A LOT of slow motion scenes.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Have heard it was being discussed Aleksander but only the Artillery of the 8th Estonian Rifle Corps of the Red Army was used in direct combat at Narva the remainder of the Corps was in reserve , the real Estonian v Estonian Battle took place in South east estonia around Tartu at Porkuni and Avinurme on 21/9/44 when units of the Estonian SS Division and the 249th Estonian Rifle Divison of the Red Army fought each other , around 400 men were killed and 700 wounded , most of them on the German side !! So not sure how a Narva film could be based on Estonian v Estonian !!
    Thank you for the info Paul, you're an expert on this subject for sure ! It reads that it's during the Battle of Sinimäed and not especially Narva, so it's my bad.

sorry but not a good movie..had some good effects but that was only the best side of the movie.Boring

?

Well I saw the film yesterday, yes it was entertaining, with that said ..... I have worked in the film industry for more than 17 years now, and I have worked on some very large multi- million $ films including Pacific Rim and the new Robocop that has just come out, so I know a bit more than most about the "inside" part of film production.
    I think the green screening was very poor on this film, and the CGI looked like a mid level video game.
    As I did see it in 3D Imax, some the 3D effects were very good, I will not get into the story itself as some here intend to see it and I don't want to spoil it, again however, that whole thing the tanks did was just stupid as we know tanks avoid some types of obsticals as they get hung up or damaged
    I am happy I saw it, however I don't think I will run out and buy the blue ray when it comes out.
    I did find the start of the film interesting as the GF thought we might have gone into the wrong Theater..however I did like the irony of the beginning then the story.
    I hate to say this also, however I found many of the sets to be rather lame.

Just My Thoughts
    Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2