Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I found this humorous. Is it true?

Article about: In light of a recent event... image.jpg

Default I found this humorous. Is it true?

In light of a recent event...

image.jpg

Default Re: I found this humorous. Is it true?

Very much so............there are those who will camp outside the gates of Buckingham Palace for two weeks in high summer in the hope of catching a glimpse of a minor Royal doing a bit of curtain twitching.....Gawd bless 'em govnor......and people like me who could'nt give a 'flying thingamy' if only we the hard working taxpayers didnt have to subsidise their comfortable lifestyles................yes the Royal household does actually pay some taxes but they are also incredibly well advised on when, where and how to minimise these liabilities just like any other major corporation...............I'm not bitter......I welcome an hereditary head of state its just all the hangers on that really need to be trimmed.

US news outlets have been all about a royal baby. I guess maybe its because we don't have that type of hype here so they have to get it from somewhere. That baby had no idea how good it has it, and it probably hasn't even opened its eyes yet. Fate is a funny thing. You could be born to royalty and be waited on hand and foot for basically never doing a damn thing to deserve it, you just got lucky and were born into the privileged bloodline, or on the other hands, born to a slum in a third world country and live dirt poor your entire life. Really makes you wonder. I'm with you, I don't give two craps.

Hi

Personally I love the British monarchy and all the things related to it, especially 'Trooping The Colour'. Where else in the world are you able to see such an exceptional display of drill, discipline and pomp!

Sorry for going of subject slightly!

Cameron

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

Personally I love the British monarchy and all the things related to it, especially 'Trooping The Colour'. Where else in the world are you able to see such an exceptional display of drill, discipline and pomp!

Cameron
    No problem
    You do make a good point, the fanfare and "dog and pony" show that comes with official functions is rather fascinating.

Spoken like a true Republican (the concept not necessarily the American political party)............beleive me the news media here has only one story at the moment and it shows no sign of letting go of this particular juicy little bone....................it could be worse...we could have had President Tony Blair or, lord preserve us all, President Gordon Brown.....(ever heard of him..??)............

Keep away from political comments. A big no no here. But I agree, there are bigger fish to fry on both sides of the pond.

I've got to be honest, I'm a bit of a Royalist at heart. I like to watch any kind of big Royal pageantry, we do it the best in the world too

Since you are from the colonies I can forgive you for not caring Todd

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

Cameron

Hi Cameron......each to their own mate.....I'm ex forces and have done my share of square bashing and took an oath to Queen and country.....but times change............as I said, no objection to the Queen as head of state but what the heck kind of value for money do we get from Charles.....................and have you seen the price of those Duchy Originals.................

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Since you are from the colonies I can forgive you for not caring Todd
    Don't be jealous of the colonials.
    My family wasnt even here for that. They took a later boat from Ireland and Scotland...and Germany and Bohemia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast