Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

i need help with these items

Article about: foto0103.jpgfoto0104.jpgfoto0105.jpgfoto0106.jpgfoto0107.jpg

The ja pin is from Nazis election efforts in 1933. Their slogan was German: Dein Ja - dem Fuhrer Translation: Your Yes - for the Fuhrer
    (As a side note, before I go and explain every object I know, are you asking what they are, are they real, or both?)

Those are legal documents...Apparently a doctor has twice been absent from his local group of Potato-bug collectors...he is ordered to pay 5RM or to spend up to 18 hours in jail...He chose to pay the 5RM.
    cheers, Glenn

hi there thanks for the help i have identified all the pins but one the pin with the eagle and swords the older owner was a portuguese diplomat in ucranian

?

The eagle stick pin is very strange. The double-headed eagle clutching a sword is usually associated with the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, but there should be a number '32' (represent the 32nd Degree of Freemasonry) on the chest where the swastika is on yours.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Those are legal documents...Apparently a doctor has twice been absent from his local group of Potato-bug collectors...he is ordered to pay 5RM or to spend up to 18 hours in jail...He chose to pay the 5RM.
    cheers, Glenn
    Is this the serious translation? I mean, you tend to not joke around and provide really good info. But, potato bug collectors? What am I missing here....

They were pretty rigid on attendance in the Third Reich it seems...or at least potatoes were serious business.

It is indeed a serious translation, friend...Collecting these harmful bugs was a community effort, as the potato was/is the staple food in the German diet...These collections went on well into the 1950s, as Europe/Germany was recovering...I recall one of my German Teachers telling me that during the war the rumor went around that the Allies were dropping Potato-bugs from the sky to damage the crop...By the way, in WWI, the French blamed the Germans for the same thing...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Glenn. I learn something new from you guys every day.

Do you think they were dropping the bugs on them?

Not that I'm aware of...
    cheers,Glenn

?

Potato beetles were also popular in Soviet propaganda, in which it was alleged that they were dropped over East Germany by American planes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast