Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

i need help with these items

Article about: foto0103.jpgfoto0104.jpgfoto0105.jpgfoto0106.jpgfoto0107.jpg

I could see it....sitting in a little bleak prison cell across from big tough looking hood cellmate... "So..what are you In here for, Mac?" "I didn't go out one Saturday to pick bugs off the potatoes...I was hungover..."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I could see it....sitting in a little bleak prison cell across from big tough looking hood cellmate... "So..what are you In here for, Mac?" "I didn't go out one Saturday to pick bugs off the potatoes...I was hungover..."
    Probably told the village cop: "I didn't go to university to pick beetles! Don't bug me!"

I've always enjoyed buggery....The study of insects and their life cycles is both fascinating and educational.

But back to the mysterious double headed eagle badge with swastika. Wasn't the said eagle a symbol of Belgian (Wallonian) sympathisers known as the Rexist party as led by Leon Degrelle? They started out as a hard line catholic based anti communist/anti Freemason/anti semetic group, but on German occupation became collaborators and were involved in atrocities carried out under the Nazi banner. I have seen Rexist collaboration pins bearing the double headed eagle that are very similar to the O.P's badge.

Regards Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    But back to the mysterious double headed eagle badge with swastika. Wasn't the said eagle a symbol of Belgian (Wallonian) sympathisers known as the Rexist party as led by Leon Degrelle? They started out as a hard line catholic based anti communist/anti Freemason/anti semetic group, but on German occupation became collaborators and were involved in atrocities carried out under the Nazi banner. I have seen Rexist collaboration pins bearing the double headed eagle that are very similar to the O.P's badge.
    The symbol for the Rexist youth organization, the Jeunesse Légionnaire was indeed a double headed eagle on a white shield placed on a white Cross of Burgundy within a green shield with a white border. It didn't include a Swastika and a sword, though.

I think I have seen that double eagle-with-sword-and-Swastika somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The symbol for the Rexist youth organization, the Jeunesse Légionnaire was indeed a double headed eagle on a white shield placed on a white Cross of Burgundy within a green shield with a white border. It didn't include a Swastika and a sword, though.

I think I have seen that double eagle-with-sword-and-Swastike somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment.
    I've seen one like it at a flea market before but most the objects at this persons stall didn't look reparable. (Not saying that the one here is a fake because I wasn't sure what it was when I first saw it).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3