Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I will give 10 € for forum maintenance if anybody can identifie thise;

Article about: by Australian Guy Something to do with the Belgians?? Yes!

Default I will give 10 € for forum maintenance if anybody can identifie thise;

Odal rune shaped insigna, it is made in some sort of plastic and measures +/- 4 by 4 cm. It come in different colors; I am only showing 3. There is a picture of the back side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: I will give 10 € for forum maintenance if anybody can identifie thise;

I think its an old celtic symbol for warding off evil spirits. It's on the SS wedding ring (I've got one) Hang these on front doors to give you good luck

Well its a start even if its wrong

Default Re: I will give 10 € for forum maintenance if anybody can identifie thise;

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I think its an old celtic symbol for warding off evil spirits. It's on the SS wedding ring (I've got one) Hang these on front doors to give you good luck

Well its a start even if its wrong
    Thanks for the start but it is wrong; sorry.
    NEXT!!

Let me guess, Ade is not allowed to participate, right?

Hi Stookie,

I believe that the symbol is the ancient germanic rune 'Othila/Opila' which is for the letter 'O'.

It's original meaning was 'possession' as in, property, land in domestic issues.

The symbol was later adopted as a sign for 'love of family home,homeland and patriotism' and was often seen above german doors in the third reich period. I don't know if this is a tradition still carried out today, or if it has died out.

In merry old England, another pagan symbol was used in a similar way above doors, a horseshoe for luck, prosperity and safekeeping. This has declined in recent decades, but can still be seen on agricultural properties across the U.K.

Hope this is concise enough to bag the forum the tenner!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned,you say about horseshoes my gran had one nailed next to her door for as long as i can remember. Stewy S

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    Let me guess, Ade is not allowed to participate, right?
    He is allowed!!
    Hi Stookie,

I believe that the symbol is the ancient germanic rune 'Othila/Opila' which is for the letter 'O'.

It's original meaning was 'possession' as in, property, land in domestic issues.

The symbol was later adopted as a sign for 'love of family home,homeland and patriotism' and was often seen above german doors in the third reich period. I don't know if this is a tradition still carried out today, or if it has died out.

In merry old England, another pagan symbol was used in a similar way above doors, a horseshoe for luck, prosperity and safekeeping. This has declined in recent decades, but can still be seen on agricultural properties across the U.K.

Hope this is concise enough to bag the forum the tenner!!

Regards, Ned.
    Hey Ned, but NO...I do need more accurate info and let me give thise hint; "nothing is what it seems"...

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Ned,you say about horseshoes my gran had one nailed next to her door for as long as i can remember. Stewy S
    Aye Stewy,

The old 'uns new best!! There's still folks round here swear by 'em!!

Regards, Ned.

P.s I think Stuka's gonna blow me out! Let's wait 'til he finishes his tea, and see what he says...
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    He is allowed!!

Hey Ned, but NO...I do need more accurate info and let me give thise hint; "nothing is what it seems"...
    Fair play Stuka!!

Has this got anything to do with RuSHa....??

Intrigued, Ned.

It are insigna suposed to be wear on a uniforme, you can see some lugs made at the back to do so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast