Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"I Was Wondering Who'd Be The First To Spot That..." - Dad's Army Film Remake In The Offing.

Article about: by Adrian I can't see this one being a success I'm afraid. In our politically correct society we can't recreate the comedic values from the original series. Are we allowed to say the "f

Default "I Was Wondering Who'd Be The First To Spot That..." - Dad's Army Film Remake In The Offing.

It looks like a feature length remake of the classic 1960's-70's sitcom "Dad's Army" is shortly to begin production.

Dad’s Army to march back on to the screen - Telegraph

Here's hoping that it turns out better than a lot of the new wartime films that have been mentioned here lately that have turned out to be absolute crap. A little light comedy may be a refreshing change, although whether the subject matter travels well over to the colonies is a moot point.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Generally not a fan of re- makes (btw what happened to the Dambusters?), although I think the casting of Bill Nighy as Sgt. Wilson could be quite good. I wonder if the comedy of the 60s/70s will carry over well today, or whether it will have to be made more shocking.

Can't they bloody leave anything alone!...

im not a fan of these remakes ,i watched still open all hours over christmas and was really let down
    Regards James

We are all doomed I say, doomed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No one will ever be able to capture the genius delivery of Arthur Lowe as Capt Mainwaring

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I can't see this one being a success I'm afraid. In our politically correct society we can't recreate the comedic values from the original series.

Are we allowed to say the "fuzzy wuzzies don't like it up 'em"?

Can we call someone a "stupid boy" without being accused of bullying and harassment?

Will the producers get away with an all white cast and stereotyping the Scots and Welsh like in the original?

Unfortunately it will be a tame effort at recreating a unique and irreplaceable series and will never touch the original and shouldn't be associated with it. If they want to dabble in this area, it should be a stand alone film made for today's society.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

'Ah! Nostalgia-it just isn't what it used to be...'

"Really sir, are you sure thats wise..?"
    Attached Images Attached Images

gawd elp uz.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast